23rd May 2021, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

For becoming an IAS I should graduation with BSc or BA?

I want to become an ias officer with graduation from bsc maths but my friends tell that if you want to become ias officer then you should do graduation with B. A. as social science related questions come in this exam

24th May 2021, 12:33 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: For becoming an IAS I should graduation with BSc or BA?

Eligibility to become IAS can be seen below.

You must have completed Graduation whether it is BSc or BA with any specialization it doesn't matters at all.

Just complete your graduation with BSc Or BA than go for UPSC IAS examination.

If you could crack IAS examination you will go through interview.

If could clear interview than you will trained to be an engineer.
24th May 2021, 06:51 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

IAS Eligibility:-

> For the IAS exam not even the citizens of India eligible, a citizen of other countries are also eligible. the candidate should understand that they are competing with the students of various Nations.

> this exam does not discriminate based on the minimum percentage in the qualifying exam. the only educational qualification required is that the candidates must be a graduate or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised University. there is no mention of the minimum passing percentage required to appear in the IAS exam. It means that any citizen of India who is a graduate with any percentage can fill the IAS application if he fulfills all the other eligibility criteria.
24th May 2021, 07:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University then, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:-
For General - 21 to 30 years
For OBC - 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST - 21 to 35 years .

Number of attempts:-
For General - 3
For OBC - 7
For SC / ST - No restriction.

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary Test
Main Exam
Personal Interview.

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website - www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?