8th December 2016, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to apply for IAS exams. I want to know about the entrance exams available completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam? If yes then please tell me about it.

9th December 2016, 07:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?

To become an IAS officer after completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue your higher studies i.e., Bachelor's degree course in any stream of your interest and after completion of your Graduation course, you need to apply for IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Without completing Graduation, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination.
9th December 2016, 10:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?

Yes, Graduation is required to apply for IAS Examination. In order to become an IAS officer, you are required to appear in Entrance Examination called Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT). So the minimum qualification required for appearing in IAS recruitment is compulsorily a Graduation or Bachelor Degree. No, you cannot appear in IAS Examination just after completion of 12th Class. So I suggest you to pursue Graduation first in order to be eligible.
9th December 2016, 11:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to apply for IAS exams. I want to know about the entrance exams available completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam? If yes then please tell me about it.
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
10th December 2016, 01:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, it is not possible to become an IAS Officer after completion of 12th. To become an IAS Officer you have to complete graduation in any discipline. The Civil Service Examinations (IAS) is conducted by the UPSC. The Civil Service examination has Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. After completion of graduation, you can apply for the civil service examinations. It will be conducted once every year. First you have to clear the Preliminary examination to qualify for the Main examinations. Yes, graduation is necessary to apply for IAS (Civil Service Examination). The UPSC website link is Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?