1st September 2015, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to do after completion of 12th? Engineering or B.M.S course?

I live in mumbai
I got 70% in s.y.j.c
i want to do MBA in executive management or HR
i am thinking of doing engineering for graduation
i want to know best course for in doing graduation
is doing engineering better option or doing Bms?

1st September 2015, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do after completion of 12th? Engineering or B.M.S course?

Doing engineering is a good option if we look at job scope. You will have better options after completion of your engineering degree than a BMS degree.

Also, if your aim is getting admission in a top management institutes then engineering will provide you better preparation for those MBA entrance exams. Hence, you should go with engineering from a good college.

1st September 2015, 09:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do after completion of 12th? Engineering or B.M.S course?

It is best to do Engineering course after completion of 12th standard if you are interested to do MBA course after completion of your Graduation course. To get admission in Engineering course, you need to appear and qualify Engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc. And for getting admission in MBA course, you need to appear and qualify MBA entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc. The selection of course whether to pursue Engineering or B,S depends upon your interest.

2nd September 2015, 09:26 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Both Courses are very good. You have to choose as per your interest. As you told that you want to do MBA then you should go for B.M.S. course. B.M.S. course will be best for you.
B.M.S. is a bachelor program for Management Science. It is of 3 years.
And if you go for Engineering degree course then it will take 4 years. So, it will cost you 1 year extra.
Just pursue B.M.S. and prepare for MBA entrance exams to get admission in good colleges.

2nd September 2015, 03:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do master of business administration in future then the best bachelor's degree will be bachelor of business administration as it will build the foundation for the MBA in future.

The choice between engineering and BMS course, engineering is preferable as compared to the BMS because there are so many streams of engineering from which you can select your desired one.

You can start for preparation of various entrance examinations for the MBA like CAT, MAT, XAT. If you want to do MBA from top reputed institute of India, you must aim to crack the CAT exam as it will help you in getting admission in Indian Institute of Management.

2nd September 2015, 08:23 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

It all depends upon you that which career you want to opt after your class 12th. Both the fields are good in their place. But my advise for you will be to opt engineering as your career as you have scored a good percentage of marks in your class 12th. Engineering is a vast field where you can explore your career. You can opt many of the engineering stream such as mechanical, Civil , Electrical, Electronics, Computer science, IT, Marine, Automobile etc.

All the best.

29th September 2015, 11:25 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is better to do Engineering and it ill develop you skills much better.
-->After completing your Degree, you prepare for the CAT/ MAT/ XAT and clear it. It will not be easy so try to concentrate and start preparation right from the beginning of your B.E. Course.
-->After graduation, you can get into IIM's(the best in our country) or you can also try for BITS PILANI.
-->If you are okay with Engineering you can also have a very good scope in engineering also. Choose you career with your interests.

5th July 2018, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Should i do engineering in E&C (electronics and computers ) from a private college or do BSc in computer science from TOP(No1) college of DU Delhi.

29th March 2020, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

How can we take a direct job? By doing Bms course or we should do engineering to get a direct job?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?