29th January 2016, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

Can a Computer Science student of 12th do graduation in Psychology?

I am doing 12th with Computer science as major. And i am interested in studying psychology atgraduation level. So i want to know if i am eligible to study this course or not?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.?
  2. Course in Psychology is possible after Computer Science? Do I have to appear in entrance exam and practice under Psychologist?
  3. How to do graduation after completion of 12th board? I am a science stream computer science student
  4. Possibility to study Psychology Honours in Graduation at DU for 12th Humanities without Psychology candidate?
  5. Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?
  6. Can I do undergraduate psychology course after completing 12th with computer science
  7. How to do BSc Psychology after completing 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science?
  8. Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?
  9. What is required to do graduation in Rehabilitation Psychology?
  10. Is it possible to study Masters degree in Psychology after English Honours completion?
  11. How can a English Honours graduate apply for Master degree in Psychology?
  12. BSc pshychology after 12th in Medical PCM? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. List of colleges for graduation or post graduation course from psychology in Delhi regions?
  14. List of various graduation courses after 12th Science?
  15. Should I migrate to IT stream being a B.Sc(Computer Science) student?
  16. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  17. Which colleges take Commerce students for graduation course in Psychology?
  18. Possibility to study M.Sc(Psychology) for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
29th January 2016, 09:44 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a Computer Science student of 12th do graduation in Psychology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing 12th with Computer science as major. And i am interested in studying psychology atgraduation level. So i want to know if i am eligible to study this course or not?
Yes, of course you can apply for pursue for BA in Psychology. There is no registration specialization Those who are willing to do BA in Psychology course from a reputed university are required to meet eligibility requirements which are as follows:

- The aspirant should have passed Plus two in any desire specialization from a recognized university and those candidates who are waiting for 12th board exam result may also eligible to apply.

- The aspirant should have scored not less then 50% of marks at Plus two level.
29th January 2016, 04:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream 12th passed students are eligible for psychology graduation. Only English at class 12th is needed in most cases for this course. Top universities like DU give admission based on your class 12th marks.

Cut off in top universities goes very high and you must have excellent marks for admission in these universities.
29th January 2016, 06:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely a computer science student can pursue Bachelor of science in psychology which is an undergraduate psychology course of complete 3 years. The basic eligibility criteria is 12th from recognised board with at least 50% marks. You have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by top institutes of our country. Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years where as relaxation is provided to reserved categories.
29th January 2016, 08:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You are very much eligible as long as you have completed your 12th board examination from a reputed University with a minimum of 60% in aggregate. Therefore, try to score well in your boards and I am sure you will be easily be able to pursue the course.
29th January 2016, 10:31 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Psychology course even though you are pursuing 10+2 with Computer Science as Major. Most of the colleges take into consideration the score at 10+2 level while the top colleges take into consideration the entrance exam score which is solely conducted by them. Hence aim to score high in 10+2 level.
29th January 2016, 11:17 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, a computer science student of 12th standard can do B.A or B.Sc in Psychology. The eligibility to study the course is 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges in India like
29th January 2016, 11:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCMB from a recognized university are eligible for B.Sc in Psychology.

Your age should be above 16 years.
30th January 2016, 02:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Surely you are eligible to pursue B.Sc in Psychology. It is a 3 year course.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed 12th with at least 50% of marks with a recognized university.

Candidates who are under reserved category get 5% relaxation.

Candidate age is not less than 17 years but upper age limit is not declared yet.
23rd April 2018, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to take humanities stream (History, Psychology, Political science)But instead of sociology I want to take computer science. Is psychology and sociology are good or psychology and computer science or good. One of my option for graduation is BCA also. For BCA is Mathematics in 12th is compulsory. I am confused. Pl give me a good suggestions.
Gautham
18th October 2018, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I'm stream in computer science group in 12th .can l do psychology course after 12th
21st May 2019, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Can a computer science student will study BSC psychology after the plustwo computer science
14th June 2021, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I do master degrees in psychology
12th August 2021, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I took cs as my major in 12 th.After bachelor of science in psychology, what are all the degrees I can graduate?
14th August 2021, 02:19 PM
Iffa0786

Yes, you can apply for B.A(Bachelors in Arts) with Psychology honor's. Student of any stream are eligible for doing B.A in Psychology.
4th July 2023, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Can take computer science students bsc psychology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?