23rd January 2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

How can a English Honours graduate apply for Master degree in Psychology?

Hi,

I was a science student in school. Unfortunately, now i am doing english honours through du. I am going to cross my first year. I am very much interested in human psychology and neurological science. After completing my graduation, can i apply for any master course in psychology?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to study Masters degree in Psychology after English Honours completion?
  2. Is it compulsory to have Economics in BA to study MBA?
  3. Can an English Honours Graduate apply for Masters in Psychology? If yes, then how?
  4. How to do M.A Psychogy? I am a IT engineer student
  5. Detailed procedure to study Master's Degree in Psychology at IGNOU for Arts graduate?
  6. How to do Ph.D. in Economics being an Economics Honours graduate?
  7. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  8. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  9. Can I do PG in Psychology after completing graduation in English?
  10. Will I be able to study Master's in Clinical Psychology if completed PGD and have 10 years of work experience?
  11. What will be the plus point to get a honours beachelor degree without getting a pass bachelor degree? Difference between master degree done after honours bachelor degree and pass bachelor degree?
  12. Is entrance test compulsory for admission?
  13. How to do M.Phil degree in Psychology? I am a PG in Psychology
  14. Is it possible to study Master's Degree in Psychology if completed BBA-LLB and practiced Law for 4 years?
  15. Colleges under DU offering Psychology(H) a candidate who haven't Psychology in 12th standard?
  16. Details regarding ITI course after 12th in Arts stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it necessary to have Graduation in Psychology in order to opt Post Graduation in Psychology?
  18. Which university offers distance master degree in Linguistics and Psychology?
24th January 2016, 07:41 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a English Honours graduate apply for Master degree in Psychology?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Masters degree course in psychology.

The minimum academic eligibility criteria required to apply for masters degree in psychology is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

The masters degree courses in psychology you are eligible are as follows:-

* M.A. psychology

* M.Sc Clinical psychology
24th January 2016, 11:18 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a English Honours graduate apply for Master degree in Psychology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I was a science student in school. Unfortunately, now i am doing english honours through du. I am going to cross my first year. I am very much interested in human psychology and neurological science. After completing my graduation, can i apply for any master course in psychology?
You can apply to the college through online or offline for M.A in Psychology. The eligibility to study the course is graduation in any stream from a recognised university. The duration of the course is 2 years. The course is available in many colleges like,

- Aligarh Muslim University - http://www.amu.ac.in/showcourse1.jsp?did=81&typ=2

- Allahabad University - http://www.allduniv.ac.in/index.php?...ogy&Itemid=250

- Amity University - http://www.amity.edu/aips/

- Himachal University - http://hpuniv.nic.in/MAPsy.htm
25th January 2016, 06:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for master's degree in psychology even after completing graduation from english honours.

You can also pursue master's degree in clinical psychology.

Eligibility critrria for pursuing Master's degree are as under:-

Candidate must have completed their graduation in any stream with a recognized university.

Candidate must have minimum 55 percent aggregate.
4th March 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to do it from IGNOU KOLKATA. When the session is starting this year? Can i choose clinical psychology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?