14th February 2016, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i do Fashion Designing course after MCA in a short period?

I have completed my mca but i am interested to do fashion designing and i dont know about this course. Can i do fashion designing course after mca in a short period? Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do fashion designing after completion of B.Tech?
  2. Can I study Fashion Designing course after B.Tech? Good institutions where I can study?
  3. Entrance exam, duration of course and college in Andhra Pradesh for doing Fashion Designing?
  4. How can I choose my career in short term course like Fashion designing and Interior Designing Courses
  5. Short term advance diplomas in Textile/Fashion Designing?
  6. Can I join Fashion Designing course being a candidate going to give Exams of BA course?
  7. How to get a job in fashion designing after one year diploma in fashion designing from RGC?
  8. Am I eligible for M.Des if done 1 year short term Diploma in Fashion Designing after B.Com?
  9. Details of Fashion designing course after B.Tech? Best University for the same?
  10. Whether MBA course in Fashion Designing is beneficial or not?
  11. What can I do if I want to do Fashion Designing? Subjects required to study for Fashion Designing?
  12. How to get a job in Fashion Designing after doing diploma in Fashion Designing from NIFD? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I do post graduation in fashion designing if I have completed B.Tech Graduation?
  14. Is there any professional college to pursue Fashion Designing?
  15. Higher studies after B.Sc (IT)?
  16. Can I do my post graduation directly in fashion designing right after completion of B.Tech course?
  17. Presently doing BSc 2nd year : How to do fashion designing? Any entrance exam for Fashion Designing course? Fashion Designing a summer or yearly course?
  18. Minimum 2 months of internship in Top 10 Technical Textile companies?
15th February 2016, 12:04 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do Fashion Designing course after MCA in a short period?

Yes, you can definitely pursue fashion designing course after completion of MCA. You can pursue short term fashion designing course which can add value to your educational qualification. You can pursue diploma course in the field of fashion designing which are usually of shorter duration. You can also pursue graduation degree course in the field of fashion designing through correspondence mode/part time mode which is usually of short duration.
15th February 2016, 03:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Here is list of short term courses in fashion designing which you can join after completion of your MCA:

1 year programs
Fashion and Clothing Technology
Fashion Integration for Apparel Industry
Fashion Integration and Marketing application for Textiles
Fashion Retail Management
Fashion Designing and Apparel Technology

6 month programs

Introduction to Design and Fashion
Fashion Communication and Journalism
Fashion Art and Illustrations
Fashion Photography
Design and Pattern making for Ethnic Apparel Industrial pattern making
15th February 2016, 03:15 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

List of short term courses in fashion designing:

One year programme

Fashion and clothing Technology
Integration for apparel industry
Fashion Retail Management
Fashion designing and apparel Technology

Six month programme

Fashion astand. Illustration
Fashion saying and photography
Fashion photography
Fashion brand management.
15th February 2016, 10:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my mca but i am interested to do fashion designing and i dont know about this course. Can i do fashion designing course after mca in a short period? Please help me.
Yes, you can do MBA in Fashion Management or M.A Fashion Retail Management. The eligibility to study the courses is bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university. For the both the courses the duration is 2 years only. The aspirant can study the course in the following institutions;

- Nift - Official website
- Amity School of Fashion Technology - Official website

But you have already completed MCA, so you can pursue your career in the same line instead of shifting line.
15th February 2016, 11:44 PM
rituja mukherjee

Degree course in Fashion designing is a 4 yrs course. So the question of completing it within short period does not arise at all. All you can do is to opt for short diploma courses during short period of time. Though these courses will not be as much elaborative compared to the degree courses, but they will be helpful for you to get some practical knowledge and skill.
4th August 2016, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

I will complete my MCA in 2017 after that if I pursue a course in fashion designing then what job will I get ?will MCA along with career in fashion designing help me get any different kind of job other than the monotonous job of a software engineer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?