8th October 2011, 07:13 PM
preetianu

Are history and public administration good subjects for IAS?

are history & public administration good subjects for ias & if they are then what are good books for these subjects?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Coaching center is good for IAS Exam? Which Optional subject should I opt for this Exam between History and Geography?
  2. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  3. Books which I should prefer for general studies and optional subjects like Indian history and Public administration for preparation of IAS
  4. Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?
  5. Is it better to choose different subjects or which i had in my graduation for IAS preparations?
  6. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  7. Last 10 years question papers for IAS mains exam? Books for Public administration
  8. Is coaching required for IAS entrance exam? Can I take management and public administration as optional subjects?
  9. What could be a better combination of subject along with Law in UPSC Mains exam
  10. Best coaching institution for preparation of civil services examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Tips to choose optional subjects for IAS examination?
  12. IAS books for public administration and sociology as optional subjects?
  13. Books to be referred for RAS entrance exam if my subjects are public administration and computer?
  14. What are the career prospects after graduation in Public Administration? -- [New]
  15. Will there be any Coaching Institute in Bangalore for IAS Main Exam in Maths and Public Administration?
  16. Universities to pursue M.Phil through correspondence? I am a lecturer
  17. Which subjects should I choose for doing B.A Honors after doing 12th Arts? Is Public Administration subject a good choice?
  18. What is the best option as a optional subject with public administration for IAS exam
9th October 2011, 05:04 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Are history and public administration good subjects for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetianu View Post
are history & public administration good subjects for ias & if they are then what are good books for these subjects?
IAS : Indian Administrative Service
This is one of the top civil service among the 24-27 Indian Civil Services.
To get this service you have to clear an entrance exam called Civil Service Exam.

This Civil service exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam is of three levels.
->Level 1- Civil Service Aptitude Test.

->Level 2 - Mains exam.

->Level 3 - Personal Interview.

For Level 1 exam the syllabus is common for all students.

But this is not the case with Level 2 , mains exam. In this exam you have to select 2 optional subjects.
you have to select the optional subjects from the prescribed list of subjects in UPSC website.

as you have already selected History and Public Administration.
you can go ahead with these optionals.
History and Public Administration are very good subjects in the time of preparation,while attempting the exam and also after you start your career as a IAS officer.

Public Administration is especially very good choice being an aspirant of IAS .

History is a optional which has mixed reviews some feels it very interesting whereas some others feel it very tough to concentrate.

if you are interested in this then you can go ahead without any further doubts.
all the best for your preparation..

Regards
1st May 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are history and public administration good subjects for IAS?

I NEED FULL DEFINITION OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION WITH THAT OF HISTORY, PLEASE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?