13th December 2015, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Economics Honours without Mathematics in 12th standard?

Hi,
Can I take up Economics Honours without Maths? I am from West Bengal Board. My subject combination in 11th and 12th was Nutrition, Economics, Geography, Psychology, Bengali and English.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study Economics Honours for a candidate who has completed 12th without Mathematics?
  2. Is Mathematics compulsory to be in best of 4 subjects to study Economics Honours in Delhi University?
  3. Can I study BBA/B.A./B.Com/B.Sc Economics Honours course in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  4. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Economics) if completed 12th with 50% without Mathematics?
  6. What are the contents in Economics Honours of Undergraduate course?
  7. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
  8. Can I study B.A.(Economics) Honours being a 12th NIOS candidate?
  9. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  10. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  11. Which course should I prefer BBA (economics honours) or B.COM (economics honours)?
  12. Is it worthy doing M.Sc Economics honours after B.Sc Economics honours?
  13. How to do economics honors after passing 12th and humanities? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List best colleges to do Economics (honours) in Mumbai after studying Humanities in 12th?
  15. List of reputed colleges offering Economics Honours in Calcutta University? Cutoff marks required in 12th standard for admission? -- [New]
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Economics) in Calcutta University if secured 79.25% in 12th?
  17. Is it necessary to study Economics in 12th for doing B.Com Honours in DU?
  18. Scope of Mathematics Honours in B.Sc?
15th December 2015, 11:13 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Economics Honours without Mathematics in 12th standard?

No, it is not possible to get admission in Economics honors without having mathematics as main paper in 10+2 board examination.

The eligibility to get admission or to appear in entrance examination conducted by different university the required eligibility is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any board with MATHEMATICS as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in best university.
15th December 2015, 11:38 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Can I take up Economics Honours without Maths? I am from West Bengal Board. My subject combination in 11th and 12th was Nutrition, Economics, Geography, Psychology, Bengali and English.
Yes you can, the eligibility to study B.A Economics Honours is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination from the recognised board.
Some of the reputed colleges will conduct entrance examination for the admission.
The duration of the course is 3 years.
There are more job opportunities for the economics students.
The course is available in many colleges like Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Jawaharlal Nehru College, Maharshi Dayanand University, Alder College, Aligarh Muslim University, Amity University, Assam University, Berhampore College, Christ Church College, Delhi School of Economics, Don Bosco College etc.
15th December 2015, 11:41 PM
rituja mukherjee

Previously it was permissible to take up Economics hons. with geography and political science as subject combinations. Colleges affiliated under university of Calcutta previously allowed such combinations. But at present most of the colleges affiliated under university of Calcutta has set that it is essential to have mathematics/statistics/political science as combination subjects. It implies that those candidates who have previously had such subject combinations in +2 level are eligible to apply. Reputed colleges like St. Xavier's, Loreto College, Lady Brabourn , Bethune, Presidency, JU won't allow permit you to hmtake up Economics hons with such subject combination.
16th December 2015, 04:51 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to tell you this but you are not eligible for the course of Economics Hons without Mathematics in Class 12.
Having Mathematics in Class 12 is compulsory for students who want to study the course of Economics Hons after Class 12.
So you must choose some other course that you are eligible for.
You are eligible for Hons of the rest of the subjects that you had in Class 12.
4th May 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Economics Honours without mathematics in class 12 ?
9th January 2017, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.A economics without maths, i have not learnt maths in class 11&12
3rd August 2017, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Can i study geographical science in college without having mathematics or economics in class 12? My combination is geography biology nutrition computer application..... I am from West Bengal board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?