2nd March 2015, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Tech if having backlogs in 1st year of B.Tech? Will this affect at the time of getting job?

Respected Sir
I have completed my B.Tech from NIT and
I had backlog in the first year but I have cleared it up now.
So can I do M.Tech now? And will the 1st year B.Tech
backlogs will affect my job after completing M.Tech???

Related Questions:
  1. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. If I lie to the company about my backlogs then will it affect my chances during the interview?
  3. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  4. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  5. Is it difficult to study in USA if having backlogs in B.Tech but secured 7.5 Bands in IELTS and 600 marks in GMAT?
  6. Which government jobs can I get on the basis of 10th and 12th? Is it better to go for Higher Studies? Will backlog affect when applying for higher studies?
  7. After MS can I do PhD or whether backlogs of graduation will affect?
  8. Is it true that with backlogs in first year chances of getting jobs are less?
  9. Too many backlogs in B.Tech. I want to do part time jobs while I clear the pending papers? What other options are there?
  10. Can I take up higher studies when already working in TCS?
  11. Will I get a job if I clear my backlogs in Electrical Engineering? Will the gap affect me if I lost 1 year after my engineering?
  12. Can I apply for a job after studying B.Tech with few backlogs?
  13. Will a backlog in first year affect my chances during placements?
  14. How to do B.Tech and M.Tech in UK with part time job?
  15. Which government job can I get on the basis of my 10th and 12th percentage which is 80%? Is it better to go for higher studies?
  16. Can rvd btech student do mtech in other universities ?
  17. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  18. How to clear the backlogs in B.Tech after a year gap?
3rd March 2015, 07:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech if having backlogs in 1st year of B.Tech? Will this affect at the time of getting job?

Yes, you can study M.Tech course even if you had backlogs in your first year of B.Tech course because, you have already cleared your backlogs, then, there is no problem to pursue M.Tech course. To get admission in M.Tech course after completion of your B.Tech course, you need to appear in GATE examination. By qualifying the GATE examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in M.Tech course. Having backlog in your first year B.Tech course will not have any major effect in getting job opportunities after completion of your M.Tech course.
16th April 2015, 12:02 AM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech if having backlogs in 1st year of B.Tech? Will this affect at the time of getting job?

As you have completed your backlog , there is nothing to worry about it. you can go for M.tech now . You no need to bother about your backlog which was cleared now. That will not show any impact for joining in M.tech .

You can apply for the Gate exam to join in m.tech . If you secure Good rank in gate exam , then you will get an admission in Top colleges.

It is always better to choose the related course in M.tech which you have taken in B.tech.

For example, if you have taken ece in btech , then it is better to take ece in m.tech also . The subjects in m.tech are advance concepts of b.tech . So , it will be easily understandable to you , if you take the related course
13th May 2015, 03:00 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, you can definitely study in the MTech if you had backlogs in the first year of BTech.

The eligibility criteria for MTech and all the other jobs too is the candidate must not have a current backlog, that means its okay if you had backlogs in the previous semesters but you have cleared them in a well given time.

You should not be having a backlog currently at the time of application of MTech or any other Job.
12th July 2018, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 4 year b.tech. but there is one back in first year.will my degree extended to 5 year ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?