27th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Sc IT in any open university?

I passed higher secondary with arts, but I want to make my career in computer hardware and networking field. Can I take admission B.Sc IT in any open university?

28th October 2016, 01:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Sc IT in any open university?

Yes, you can very much get admission in the above mentioned course in an open university, there is no such problem in it. You should however, contact the prospective university/institute and ask them about the criteria you need to fulfill to get admission in the course, if you do fulfill the eligibility criteria, you will be liable to avail a seat in an open university to continue with the course.
28th October 2016, 02:00 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is very much possible but the BSc IT cannot be done through any private mode and you have to be a regular student.

According to the norms of the UGC, any course which has at least 40% of its syllabus as practical, cannot be done through the private mode and should be done in a regular way.

Since any course related to the IT contains whole lot of practical things, cannot be done through the private mode.
28th October 2016, 11:55 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Since you have passed class 12th in Arts so, how can you take admission in B.Sc IT whether its regular or distance mode degree college. You can only go for BA. Your base is strong in the arts not in science. You should have opted for science after class 10th only.
28th October 2016, 12:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed higher secondary with arts, but I want to make my career in computer hardware and networking field. Can I take admission B.Sc IT in any open university?

Yes, you can study B.Sc in Information Technology course through an open university. The course is available in The Global Open University. The course is eligible for those who have passed higher secondary or 10+2 in any discipline. The course duration will be three years. You can apply to the university through post for the admission. You can find all the details in the prospectus. The Global Open University website link is Click Here
28th October 2016, 10:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for B.Sc IT after the completion of class 12th from Arts background.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from Science or Commerce background studying Mathematics or Computer as a subject are eligible to opt for the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?