27th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can my son get benefit of reservation in Karnataka, if he has a domicile of Maharashtra?

My mother and father came from Karnataka( Taluka -Shahpur , District- Gulbarga) we still have our agriculture land and house in Karnataka. I am born and brought up in Maharashtra, I have studied in Kannada medium school from 1st standard to 12th standard in Mumbai ( Maharashtra). I got married to a Maharashtrian girl. I have in my name BC (backward class)certificate issued for Karnataka state. I am working in one of the PSU and my annual salary is around 15 lakhs and wife is also working in Central Railway. Now my question is my son is studying in 12th standard in Maharashtra and will be appearing of CET /NEET in the year 2017. My son who born and brought up in Maharashtra and having Domicile of Maharashtra studied in English medium.
Any chances for my son to get reservation ( quota) seat for Medical (MBBS) in Karnataka State. Please anyone who knows about this please reply or contact please. I have given below my email ID and contact number.
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  2. Can I avail reservation of Maharashtra State if I am born here?
  3. In which reservation quota will I consider for CET, Karnataka exam? I have done my 10th from UAE and 12th from Karnataka. I am a muslim and having domicile of Karnataka
  4. A candidate basically from Karnataka seek SC reservation in Maharashtra after living for 15 years?
  5. How to get domicile certificate for my son in Maharashtra?
  6. Is it possible to get domicile certificate for my son on the basis of ration card?
  7. Will I get OBC reservation benefits for exams held by Maharashtra State?
  8. OBC reservation certificate from the state of Karnataka But caste is not listed under OBC category in the state of Maharashtra -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Will I be eligible to appear in the Maharashtra CET(Engineering)? I have a domicile of Maharashtra
  10. Reservation certificate of Delhi can be considered as proof of Domicile?
  11. What does Domicile status in Maharashtra mean?
  12. Eligibility for admission in reputed engineering colleges of Maharashtra?
  13. How to apply for domicile certificate in Andheri, Mumbai of Maharashtra state?
  14. Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I've been residing in Maharashtra for over 40 years
  15. How may I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I'm not living in Maharashtra and neither having schooling from Maharashtra
  16. Maharashtra PGCET after MBBS from Karnataka and mother is a Domicile of Maharashtra? Eligibility for DNP exam with 58% aggregated marks?
  17. Eligibility for admission under Maharashtra Domicile quota?
  18. Can a Maharashtra born student studying in Karnataka write MHCET exam? -- [New]
28th October 2016, 02:03 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can my son get benefit of reservation in Karnataka, if he has a domicile of Maharashtra?

Your son is a domicile of Maharashtra so, he cannot get the benefits which are available for the domiciles of that particular state in which you want your son to study.

But for sure, he can get other benefits which are related to the reservations on the other grounds, such as Caste, Religion, minority status etc.

If any of the above applies, then your son can definitely get the benefits.
28th October 2016, 10:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my son get benefit of reservation in Karnataka, if he has a domicile of Maharashtra?

I am sorry to say that, there would not be any kind of reservation for your child in the Karnataka State Board examination.
Your ward belong from Maharashtra as he was born there.
Ask your ward to concentrate on the examination which he will going to appear in Maharashtra.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?