10th December 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in Law course at 34 years age?

I am 34 year old having 37% marks in graduation from C.U. in 2004. Can i get admission in law courses in Bihar?

11th December 2015, 10:38 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can i take admission in Law course at 34 years age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 34 year old having 37% marks in graduation from C.U. in 2004. Can i get admission in law courses in Bihar?
There is no age restriction for taking admission in Law course. You are eligible to apply for LLB after Graduation. Since, you have scored low marks in Graduation so it is difficult for you to get admission for LLB. Most of the universities required at least 40% to 50% of marks at Graduation to be eligible for LLB.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

- The eligibility criteria for LLB is Bachelor Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and 35% of percentage of marks required for SC/ST candidates.

- The candidate required to qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
11th December 2015, 03:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the entrance exam for law admission will ask for 50% marks in graduation. Even exams like CLAT ask for 45% marls in graduation.

You have got 37% marks which make it very difficult for you to appear for any entrance exam for law admission because of percentage criteria.
11th December 2015, 05:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you do fulfill the basic eligibility requirements mentioned below, you can opt for the course, kindly have a look at it;

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for LLB:

> Applicant should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

> Applicant should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation.

> For SC/ST candidates it is fixed at 45%.

> Admission for LLB course is done on the basis on merit list of CLAT examination.

> CLAT stands for common Law Admission Test.

It is the entrance examination for Law course.

> Candidate should be citizen of India.

> Candidate should have qualified in 12th standard with 50% of marks any discipline from recognized university.

> Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
11th December 2015, 06:07 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue LLB course now, as the maximum age limit required to pursue the course is 30 years, therefore at your age you cannot opt for it unless you belong to SC/ST category, for whom the age limit is set at 35 years.
12th December 2015, 01:10 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can study law course at the age of 34 years. Now the Supreme Court has said that there is no age limit for the students. So, the students can join the law courses without any age obligations. The Bar Council of India has withdrawn the age limit restriction to take admission in law courses. So you can study the law course at this age.
29th November 2016, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate, and presently with IBM, and would like to know where I can get the details of fee structure for pursuing the LLB degree course from IGNOU. I would also like to know if IGNOU is the right source to obtain this degree. I must also mention that my age is 28 and I am the sole earning family member which makes me completely ineligible for a regular law course. Please guide me towarda the right path or let me know where I can contact for guidance.

Thanks and Regards,
11th January 2019, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm belong general category, I have completed my graduation b.a. in year 2006 with 44.11 percentage then I completed m.a. exam with 48 percentage in year 2009, may I eligible for LLB ?
11th January 2019, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I belong general category, I completed graduation b.a. in year 2006 with 44.11 percentage than in year 2009 completed post graduation with 48 percentage , may I get admission in year LLB?
20th July 2019, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Can l do llb hons after AMICE(i) degree in civil engineering
29th November 2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got bcom final 42.5 percent can in India anywhere I can take admission in law
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?