5th November 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Can i study Law being a girl without completing Graduation?

I am a 22 years old girl. I am in first year of B.Com and now i want to study law. Can i study law before doing my graduation? I have got 45% marks in my class 12th.

5th November 2015, 11:39 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study Law being a girl without completing Graduation?

Yes, If you are interested to study Law then you can definitely apply for the admission in any of the law college. But for that you must have to follow below given eligibility criteria :

** You must have to score at least 45% marks in your 12th examination.

** Also your age must not be greater than 22 years being a SC candidate.

For getting admission in good college you must have to appear in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). CLAT is a single level test and selection is based on rank preference criteria of the candidates.
6th November 2015, 12:12 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to purse the LLB course after the 10+2.

To get the admission in the course the required eligibility criteria is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board and age limitation vary for the different university.

You are also eligible to appear for the CLAT entrance examination to get the admission in the one of the National Law university to pursue the graduation courses. The required eligibility is candidates must have passed the 10+2 with the 50% aggregate.
6th November 2015, 10:46 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 22 years old girl. I am in first year of B.Com and now i want to study law. Can i study law before doing my graduation? I have got 45% marks in my class 12th.

Yes you can study Law (LLB) after your graduation.

The eligibility to study LLB course is a Bachelor’s degree i.e. B.A or B.Com or B.Sc with 40% marks.

The duration of the course is 3 years.

For the admission the marks scored in graduation will be considered.

Some of the prestigious institutions conduct entrance examinations also for the same.

It is safe to study the course and scope in the field for girls is very high.
6th November 2015, 11:43 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CLAT which is the most common entrance exam for law admission in India you need age below 21 years for admission in undergraduate course in the basis of class 12th.

There is relaxation in age available for candidates who belong to reserved category. Therefore, you can apply for undergraduate only if you fulfill age criteria. If not then you can apply for CLAT after completion of graduation for post graduate course.
6th November 2015, 03:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to give CLAT exam , If you crack the exam with good rank you can get seat among 9 best institute of India.
Eligibility for CLAT:

Minimum qualification is 12th passed students with at least 60% aggregate.

You can also study LLM after completion of your graduation.
6th November 2015, 07:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't study law as you are currently pursuing your graduation in Commerce. Moreover, to take the admission in law colleges the candidates should write the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam.

The candidates are selected for different colleges on the basis of the entrance exam. The candidates age should be below 20 years to apply for the CLAT exam.

As, you have taken the B.Com course you should pursue your graduation in Commerce, there is no chances of shifting to the other streams.
6th November 2015, 07:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the Law course after completing the graduation course.

To purse the LLB course after the graduation the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from any recognised university.

There is limitation on the age criteria and aggregate in the 10+2 to appear for the different entrance examination conducted for the admission in the different university.
6th November 2015, 11:40 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the different entrance examination conducted by the various university for the admission in the LLB courses.

To get the admission in the LLB courses the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have at least qualifying percentage for the admission in some of the university.

So you are eligible to get the admission in the course. There is also relaxation on the aggregate and age for the reserved category candidates. So to get the more information visit the institute from where you want to study.
29th November 2015, 02:08 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes friend definitely you can do Law course. You can take admission in LLB course on the basis of your intermediate qualification . In this way you have to take admission in LLB 5 year course.
For a graduate student this course will be a 3 year and for intermediate students it will be 5 years.
The minimum qualification required for LLB is intermediate with 40% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?