21st March 2015, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CLAT exam after completion of B.Com?

Am I eligible to give CLAT exam after completion of B.Com? or we need to have a post graduation course to be eligible for it. Can someone please answer my query soon? I need to prepare for the exam as well.!

22nd March 2015, 09:17 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CLAT exam after completion of B.Com?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is an all India entrance examination which is conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Eligibility criteria required to appear in CLAT examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria for Admission to U.G. Programme :-
--> Educational Qualification :-
You should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate with not less than an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ ST) marks from a recognized Board.

--> Age Limit :-
You should be under 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of examination. In case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, they should be below 22 years of age.

Eligibility Criteria for Admission to P.G. Programme :-
--> Educational Qualification :-
You should have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B./any other equivalent degree in Law with not less than an aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks from a recognized University.

--> Age Limit :-
There is no upper age limit specified by universities to be eligible to apply for admission to P.G programmes.

Since, you had completed B.Com course, you are not eligible to apply for admission to P.G course and you are eligible to apply for admission to U.G course.
22nd March 2015, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to give CLAT exam after completion of B.Com? or we need to have a post graduation course to be eligible for it. Can someone please answer my query soon? I need to prepare for the exam as well.!
You have completed B.Com degree so you are eligible for CLAT exam. You can apply only LLB course. You are not eligible for LLM course.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted for admission for LLB & LLM course.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.
22nd March 2015, 04:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

CLAT provides admission into both Undergraduate and Postgraduate LAW programs. The eligibility criteria to get admission in those courses is as follows.

For Admission to Undergraduate courses:-
To get admission in Undergraduate courses, a candidate should have obtained Intermediate or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates)

For Admission to Postgraduate courses:-
To get admission in Postgraduate courses, a candidate should have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B./any other equivalent degree in Law from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST candidates)

So, as per eligibility criteria, we can see that your are not eligible to get admission in PG courses, as you have completed your Bachelor's degree in B.com course. But, you can join in Undergraduate LAW course by appearing for CLAT exam. So, try to apply for CLAT, if you want to join in Undergraduate LAW course.
22nd March 2015, 05:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Do not worry, you are eligible to give CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) Entrance Examination having B.Com as an educational qualification. CLAT Examination is basically conducted for admission into,

>> Master of Law (LLM) course

>> Bachelor of Law (LL.B) course.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Bachelor Degree CLAT Examination is "12th Class from a recognized university". Since you have completed B.Com which is Graduation, you are absolutely eligible for CLAT Examination. To be eligible for LLM course, the basic educational qualification required is Bachelor Degree in LLB course. Yes, you can start your preparation for CLAT Examination being a B.Com Graduate.
11th April 2016, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

what is best option to give CLAT exam after 12 or after completing b com?
23rd December 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Hii , I,m Sakshi Narang studying in B.com 1st year and doing CS ( company secretary ) simultaneously. I just want to confirm that after completing my b.com if I want to enroll myself in LLB or LLM and somebody told that after completing B.com , LLB or LLM is of 2 years ... so Is it necessary for me to give CLAT or I can directly get into LLB or LLM simply by taking admission in any university .. ?
21st August 2017, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am political science honours and I want to complete clat then I am eligible or not plz inform me as soon as possible [email protected]
11th September 2022, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I am 19 years old when I can apply for the clat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?