5th February 2015, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Career scope of Bachelor of Mass Media(BMM)

I am a student of commerce stream. I have given hsc exam . I am totally confused what to do after 12th. Somebody told me about BMM course. So i just want to ask you that is there is any career in BMM? And is any there any entrance exam in BMM?

5th February 2015, 04:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career scope of Bachelor of Mass Media(BMM)

Generally there is no particular written examination is conducted to pursue BMM (Bachelor of Mass Media) course. Selection of right candidates can be done on "Merit Basis", Group discussion and Personal Interview. Basically this selection process varies from institute to institute. The best institute offers BMM (Bachelor of Mass Media) course is St. Xavier's College, Mumbai.

Eligibility Criteria required to pursue BMM Course:

>> Candidates must have completed 12th class in any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts) to be eligible.

>> Since you have done HSC (Higher Secondary Education) in Commerce stream from a recognized university, you are eligible to pursue BMM course.

>> You must have secured minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary Education to apply for Bachelor of Mass Media Course.

Scope of Bachelor of Mass Media Course:

Since very less number of aspirants choose this BMM course, I can say that there is no competition among candidates in getting job. The best career you can choose after completion of BMM course is in "TV Channels". You may find best job roles like Script writers and Anchors. Apart from these working areas, you can find employment in Advertising and Public relations, Electronic Media, Print media. You may find career in Journalism, Radio, Advertising, Theaters, News papers departments.
5th February 2015, 05:43 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

BMM, Bachelor of mass media is one of the most desirable course and career option taken by the youngsters today.

A three year course in BMM teaches a student the in out of media, different types of communication, media and print media.

With BMM, you have a variety of career options to choose from like advertising, journalists, anchors, radio jockey's etc..,

BMM graduates can start their career as scriptwriters and anchors in television channels, editing and reporting etc.,

Here are some of the main employment areas :

1. All India Radio
2. TV channels
3. Newspapers
4. Magzines & periodicals
5. Advertising firms.
6. Editors
7. journalists
8. News analyst
9. Reporters

If you wish to pursue Higher studies you can pursue Masters after completion of your graduation.
26th March 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get the fee structure for doing BMM through correspondence anywhere in India.....?
2nd May 2015, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

what is the fee structure for doing BMM from SIES college Nerul and admission fees?
29th March 2016, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum and maximum salar in this job and from this future can be brite or not
30th June 2016, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

MY bmm is completed and now i want to do post graduation in related field. Please suggest me career oriented post graduation
2nd July 2016, 11:00 AM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of commerce stream. I have given hsc exam . I am totally confused what to do after 12th. Somebody told me about BMM course. So i just want to ask you that is there is any career in BMM? And is any there any entrance exam in BMM?
There is no special exam as you have completed your class 12 ,with this you can enter BMM course...percentage of minimum 50 is required in higher education...
It also has wide scope.. You can have job in following areas..

All India radio
Newspaper
Media
Magazines
News analyst
Editors
Electronic media
Print media
Advertising firms etc..,..
23rd January 2017, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I am right now doing my 2nd year in B.L.S and I wanted to ask as I am interested in BMM is it possible?
18th September 2017, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation in BMM. What I should do further study to get good job?
21st September 2017, 03:51 PM
sapphire1

Mass media is a good course and it has good scope. Here are some fields in which you can apply for the job after mass media course.

Fields for Mass Media:

Sound Engineer
Film Director
Public Relations Officer
Producer
Radio Jockey/ RJ
Screenwriter
Sound Mixer and Sound Recorder
Special Correspondent
TV Correspondent
Art Director
Fashion Photographer Cartoonist
Illustrator
Critic
Editor
Event manager
Video Jockey
Photojournalist
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?