20th March 2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Civil Services exams for BCA student of Sikkim Manipal University?

Sir,
I am doing BCA in Sikkim Manipal University, after getting BCA degree am I eligible to take Civil Services exams? Please tell me asap.

21st March 2016, 02:39 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Civil Services exams for BCA student of Sikkim Manipal University?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination after BCA course.

BCA is three year course. The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recongnised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidate have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection for jobs.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
21st March 2016, 03:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Civil Services exams for BCA student of Sikkim Manipal University?

Yes, you are eligible to take Civil Services exams after having Bachelor's degree.

Eligibility to appear in Civil Services exams :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

* Civil Services Main Exam

* Personality Test.

Syllabus for the exam consists of

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

English Language

Test of Reasoning Ability

Test of Numerical Ability

For more details,you can visit the website of UPSC :- www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2016, 08:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sikkim Manipal University is a recognized university and BCA degree will be valid for civil services exam without any doubt. Just make sure that you fulfill other criteria like age, nationality etc.

Age should be between 21 to 32 years if you are applying for this exam. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.
21st March 2016, 11:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am doing BCA in Sikkim Manipal University, after getting BCA degree am I eligible to take Civil Services exams? Please tell me asap.
After completion of BCA degree from Sikkim Manipal University, you are eligible for Civil Service exams.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for the Civil Services exam.

Age criteria:

General Category: 32 years
SC/ST Category: 37 years
OBC Category: 35 years
PWD Category: 42 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
21st March 2016, 11:36 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

The BCA graduates from any recognized university are eligible for the Civil Services Examinations. The eligibility for the Preliminary Examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidate upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The Civil Services Examination is conducted by the UPSC. You have to appear for Preliminary Exams first and then to Mains Exams finally the Interview. You have to prepare well to clear the examinations. The UPSC website link is Official website
21st March 2016, 11:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir,
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Commission after completing BCA through Sikkim Manipal University.

- The basic eligibility criteria for Civil Service Examination is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and final year candidates are also eligible.

- The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years and for general category.

- For OBC category - 35 years and,
- For SC/ST category- 37 years.

For more details please visit here - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?