21st March 2016, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Whether Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not?

My questions is that whether the Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not? Please help me with the required information.

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the best courses and training institutes of Telecom Network in India?
  2. Do any one want to take admission in Sikkim Manipal University, Punjab?
  3. Am I eligible for NET Exam having completed MA in Mass Communications and Journalism from Sikkim Manipal University?
  4. How can I get admission in M.Phil and Ph.D from Sikkim Manipal University in correspondence?
  5. Is MCA course from Sikkim Manipal University valuable in terms of job prospective?
  6. Admission process for BCA course from Sikkim Manipal University? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Should I pursue MCA degree through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal University? I am 37 years old and graduate(B.Sc) working at private chemical company as a QC executive
  8. Should I go for Sikkim Manipal or IGNOU?
  9. Whether Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not?
  10. Can a student having 100 marks out of 240, get a seat in civil engineering stream for BE course at Sikkim Manipal University?
  11. Re: List of correspondence courses available after completing diploma in ECE?
  12. What are various career opportunities after completion of M.Sc(IT) from Sikkim Manipal University by correspondence in M.Tech or other Technical Degree?
  13. How to compare between SRM (NCR campus) and Manipal (Sikkim campus)? -- [New]
  14. Is Sikkim campus equally good like main campus of Manipal University?
  15. Am I eligible for bank PO exam after graduating from Sikkim Manipal University?
  16. How can I get information for admission in M.Sc IT at Sikkim Manipal University in Ahmedabad ?
  17. How may I do Distance B.Ed from Sikkim Manipal University?
  18. Is Sikkim Manipal University approved by UPSC board?
21st March 2016, 05:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not?

Sikkim Manipal university has been established by the Sikkim government together with the collaboration with Manipal university.

It is a well recognized university as SMU-DE is a member of Association of Indian University (AIU).

The University is also recognized by the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development and by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
21st March 2016, 10:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not?

No, both the Universities are not the same. Manipal University is a regular mode of educational Institutes whereas, Sikkim Manipal University in an Open University whereas you can pursue courses in distance mode.
22nd March 2016, 12:22 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, Sikkim Manipal university does not come under Manipal university.

Sikkim manipal university is public-private funded university which is located in Gangtok, Sikkim. Whereas, Manipal university is a deemed university located in Manipal and Karnataka.

The official website is Sikkim manipal university is http://smu.edu.in/smu.html

The official website of Manipal university is http://manipal.edu/mu.html
22nd March 2016, 07:12 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My questions is that whether the Sikkim Manipal University comes under the Manipal University or not? Please help me with the required information.
Dear Aspirant,
Sikkim Manipal University and Manipal University both the institutes are dinstinct & comes under the MANIPAL EDUCATION organisation.
Sikkim manipal university provides degree through correspondence. its a distance learning programme institute. it is in gangtok, sikkim.
on the other hand Manipal unversity provides Bachelor and master degree in various courses. it is a deemed university. it is situated in manipal, karnataka.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?