17th April 2014, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility of CA after BA Economics? Career options then after?

My doughter has veen 12 th cbse board. Presently she is doing BA
Economics. On completion of BA economics she is eligible for ca and what are other carrier option for the same.

17th April 2014, 11:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of CA after BA Economics? Career options then after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My doughter has veen 12 th cbse board. Presently she is doing BA
Economics. On completion of BA economics she is eligible for ca and what are other carrier option for the same.
Hey friend,

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy

For joining in CA you need to write the CA CPT exam (Common Proficiency Test).This consists of 4 subjects such as Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude.

This test is 200 marks and is divided of a duration of 2 hours and this is a Objective type test and this exam is conducted 4 times a year such as on the months of February, May, August and November.

The candidate who is doing their respected graduation must have finished the course in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total or its equivalent by studying any three papers of 100 marks each out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management,Taxation,costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting.

As you have done BA in Economics you are eligible for applying for the Test,

There is Foundation course which is for candidate who has finished 10th with which you can register for the exam.If you satisfy the criteria then you can join in the Intermediate course if you have completed Graduation.

You can register and get more details at the official site at http://http://www.icai.org/

ALL THE BEST
15th May 2015, 10:55 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Eligibility of CA after BA Economics? Career options then after?

The eligibility criteria for BA is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed higher secondary from a recognized board.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for BA.

CA is a professional course conducted by the ICAI and can be done along with the graduation.

there is a very bright future for the candidates who can complete the CA successfully.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?