2nd September 2012, 05:24 PM
ashutosh.singh4848@gmail.

What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?

sir,i have just complete diploma in civil engg. now iwant to do barch. what should i do? will i get lateral entry in nit or iit collage? if any provision please suggest me about that.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join B.Arch in Lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  2. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  3. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  4. Am I eligible to get lateral entry in NIT/IIT after diploma without 12th and JEE Main?
  5. Am I eligible for B.Tech lateral entry in Kerala after completing 2nd year diploma in civil engineering with 70% marks?
  6. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  7. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.Arch after completing Part Time Diploma in Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  8. Are IITs and NITs the same?
  9. Can I be eligible for lateral entry in B.Tech civil engineering after completing diploma in architectural assistanceship from UPBTE with 70%
  10. BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to join B.E lateral entry colleges like BITS, BIT after completing diploma in electrical and electronics? Is there any entrance exam for B.E Lateral Entry
  12. Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT?
  13. After completing diploma in CSE from Polytechnic can I take admission in B.E Civil through lateral entry?
  14. How to join NIT college of Kerala after completing Lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Can I apply for M.Tech course after completion of B.Sc (Honors) in Maths?
  16. How to join B.Tech lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering
  17. Is it possible to do B.Arch through lateral entry after diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Lateral Entry in NIT through AIEEE?
23rd March 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?

Sir i complete diploma in electrical....nw what should i do that make mst imprtance
14th April 2013, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?

what course should i do after completing of dimploma in civil or how i can convert into degree by which course please suggest ?
14th April 2013, 11:05 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

LEET - Lateral Entry Engineering Test

Eligibility Criteria

Minimum of 60% in Diploma aggregate
upper age limit is of 28 years
No pending backlogs in Diploma
Cracking the test, you will be eligible for admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech course in the engineering Colleges

Best college are;-

Delhi college of Engineering,Delhi

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,patiala

Punjab Engineering college,Chandigahr

IP-University,Delhi

NITs

All the best............
15th April 2013, 01:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you really want good job and secure your future then you should continue with the studies. Since you have completed diploma, the Engineering course is the right way ahead for you. I will strongly advise against changing the course at this point in time. Instead of any other course you should continue with Engineering and complete Bachelor of Technology course.

Lateral Entry as you pointed out is an option for you to apply only for the Bachelor of Technology course. It is not applicable in other courses. Thanks to the lateral entry scheme you will get admission in the second year of B.Tech course.

This scheme is valid for diploma holders. Since you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering, I will suggest that you should complete B.Tech in Civil Engineering. It is one of the evergreen streams of the Engineering.

While you are eligible for the lateral entry scheme, the admission in National Institute of Technology (NIT) or Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is not possible through lateral entry.

Unfortunately there is no provision in these two universities to offer lateral entry to the diploma holder.

But there are several other good colleges where you can apply for the lateral entry scheme admission. Various engineering colleges in India reserve somewhere around 10 to 15 percent seats for the lateral entry students.

You can apply for these seats through entrance exam called Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). To apply you need to have 60 percent marks in the diploma course.

LEET is just one of the many lateral entry exams in the country. Some only require candidate to have 50 percent marks in diploma.

Some colleges in India offer direct admission for the diploma holders. They either select on the basis of merit or conduct their own entrance exam.
26th April 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

what forms are may apply after completing diploma with civil?
3rd June 2013, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in diplamo civil enngineering third year and i have above 80% of marks in previous exams and my question is what could i study after my course finished could you please help me what coure ishould i should choose
4th June 2013, 09:28 AM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutosh.singh4848@gmail. View Post
sir,i have just complete diploma in civil engg. now iwant to do barch. what should i do? will i get lateral entry in nit or iit collage? if any provision please suggest me about that.
yes diploma holder student have a provision to take admission in btech by giving a exam known as leet the student must have 60% marks without any suply .the best college are
ipu delhi
d crust murthal
pit
bits
remember you have to clear you suply to give this leet test then you get admission in 2nd year of degree directly.
14th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Should i get job after completeing my dip. Civil engg. 3yrs course in any company?
21st July 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir 2013 my last year of civil technology. i m a student in peshawer institute of technology [PIT]. my wish to pass entry test and i have wish for admission in [UET] peshawer so please guide me about entry test.
22nd August 2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

How to join B.Arch in Lateral entry after completing Bachelor Degree in civil engineering? What is the age limit for this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?