17th May 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Tech(ECE) in IIT-Kanpur for a candidate who has scored 149 marks in JEE Advanced?

Sir,
I have scored 149 marks in JEE Advanced..
I want to study my B.Tech in IIT Kanpur.
Am I the eligible to do B.Tech(ECE) in IIT Kanpur?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Arch in IIT if didn't qualify in JEE Advanced but scored 121 marks in NATA? Which campuses of IIT offered B.Arch course?
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai? -- [New]
  4. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission in any engineering college if scored 60 marks in JEE Mains and 2903 rank in JEE Advanced being a SC candidate?
  6. Is there any college equivalent to IIT for study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) in Gujarat? Can I get admission without appearing in JEE Advanced if scored 93 marks in JEE Main?
  7. Can I get admission for civil engineering after scoring 48%
  8. In which branch I will get admission if scored 206 marks in JEE Advanced?
  9. Can I get any NIT college after scoring 149 marks in JEE mains?
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study Mechanical Engineering in IIT?
  11. Can I get admission in any government college without appearing in JEE Advanced if scored 78 marks in JEE Mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it necesssary to appear in JEE Advance to get admission in IIT? Whether the authority decides admission in IIT campuses?
  13. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a SC candidate who has qualified in JEE Mains and secured 68.6% in 12th CBSE?
  14. Minimum marks required in JEE Advanced to get admission in IIT?
  15. Marks of 180 in JEE Mains is enough for JEE Advance? Where can I get admission with this marks?
  16. Can I give IIT JEE exam without improvement? I have scored 68% in 1th
  17. How may I get details about my application form? I've not received any acknowledgement yet and my Application No. C12139367 sent to IIT-Jee Kanpur which says it is not scrutinized
  18. Admission in NIT, Suratkal for an OBC candidate who has scored 101 marks in JEE Mains and 98% in 12th? Is it necessary to appear in JEE Advanced?
19th May 2015, 09:11 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech(ECE) in IIT-Kanpur for a candidate who has scored 149 marks in JEE Advanced?

Everything depends on the rank that you have been able to obtain in the JEE Main Results.
The Results have not yet been published you will have to wait for the results to come out and once the Results are published you will have a better idea about where you stand.
So if you are having a general All India Rank of within a 1000 then you will have the chance of getting the admission to the course of ECE in IIT Kanpur.
So please reply back with the rank that you have obtained once you have the rank and then I will be able to give a more conclusive answer as to what are your realistic chances of getting admitted to the course of ECE in IIT Kanpur.
Till then you need to stay confident and wait for the results to come out.
20th May 2015, 03:55 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech(ECE) in IIT-Kanpur for a candidate who has scored 149 marks in JEE Advanced?

As of now it is quite difficult to say that whether you'll be able to secure a place in IIT Kanpur ECE branch or not. The reason being that the admission and the allottment of branch is Done after the final result during the counselling. Hence nothing can be said concrete for the time being but yes we can discuss the things. Kanpur has a reputation for its ECE branch so it is quite obvious that the top rank getters would be aiming this slot, so if you want to secure your place there, I would recommend that your rank should be under 900 in order to achieve your target.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?