6th August 2019, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

Dear friends, I am a student of 12th Science studying with NIOS Board. After completing my 12th I want to do BTech(Civil Engineering). Can you please let me know about that I am eligible to do BTech in this specialization or not?

10th August 2019, 02:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

Eligibility to study BTech( Civil Engineering) for 12th science NIOS student:-

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in the BTech being a NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling).

Eligibility to pursue the BTech course is:-
Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.
Candidates must have PCM as main subjects in 10+2.

NIOS is a recognised board, so you are eligible to get admission. If you are interested in pursing the course from the top institute like IIT, NIT, then you can apply for the JEE examination conducted by the CBSE every year.
The examinations are conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance.
So you can start your preparation to get admission. But must take admission in the AICTE approved colleges.
10th August 2019, 07:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

You need to appear for the engineering entrance exam like JEE Main if you are looking for admission in BTech Civil Engineering. You just need class 12th with PCM stream from a recognized board with minimum 50% to appear for it. NIOS is a recognized open school and you are definitely eligible for the entrance exam.

Just make sure you are well prepared for the entrance exam so that you can get admission at your choice of college and course.
10th August 2019, 09:17 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognized board and is accepted by every university. The eligibility to study BTech in Civil Engineering is given below.

==> Candidate must have done a 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

==> Admission is done on the basis of entrance test and also through JEE Main.
22nd August 2019, 09:10 PM
sharmasheetal

Eligibility to study BTech(civil Engineering) is that :-
Candidate completed their 12th class with minimum marks aggregate 55% from recognized board of education , and 12th class done in science stream( physics chemistry and math) .
Admission is done on basis of entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?