16th February 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Which exams I need to apply to become a journalist?

Respected Sir or Madam.
Good morning to you. I'm the student of class 12th and I want to be journalist. I want your advise that how can I get admission in mass com. Colleges in well way or which kind of exams I have to qualify for entrance.
THANKS.
Yours faithfull
PRARIT SINGH
Contact no. 8173997018..
Id: [email protected]

I wish that as earlier you'll see this message and HELP me to get my solution.

16th February 2017, 06:54 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Which exams I need to apply to become a journalist?

Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree in journalism/mass communication is required to pursue a career in this field. Specialized training.additional course work, field work or internships will increase your chances of getting better opportunities. Some institutes also provide one year certificate courses in journalism for which eligibility is 10+2.There are also courses in specialized areas of journalism like sports, television, photo, press law etc.

I will list you some best colleges in India:
1. Asian College of Journalism, Chennai

2. AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi

3. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi

4. Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai

5. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune

6. Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore

7. Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
16th February 2017, 10:46 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

The minimum educational criteria to pursue mass communication are that the candidate must complete his/her graduation irrespective of stream from a recognized university and have completed his/her 10+2 from a recognized board. After passing the entrance exam the candidate can get admission in mass communication colleges followed by Interview, group discussion and written exam. Below is the list of entrance exam.
Asian College of Journalism Entrance Exam
Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
International School of Business and Media Entrance Exam
Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam
Manipal Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
Symbiosis institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam
Mudra Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
Andhra University Common Entrance Test
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
16th February 2017, 10:57 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

The minimum educational criteria to pursue mass communication are that the candidate must complete his/her graduation irrespective of stream from a recognized university and have completed his/her 10+2 from a recognized board. After passing the entrance exam the candidate can get admission in mass communication colleges followed by Interview, group discussion and written exam. Below is the list of entrance exam.
Asian College of Journalism Entrance Exam, Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam, International School of Business and Media Entrance Exam, Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam, Manipal Institute of Communication Entrance Exam, Symbiosis institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam, Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam, Mudra Institute of Communication Entrance Exam, Andhra University Common Entrance Test, Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
17th February 2017, 12:13 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed 12th standard, so you are eligible to get admission in mass com. colleges in order to become a journalist. Here is the eligibility criteria to get admission in mass com. colleges:

> Candidates should have completed 12th standard or equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

> Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute itself.

Therefore, if you qualify the examination with good marks then you can definitely get admission to pursue mass com. and can become a journalist in future.

Best of luck.
17th February 2017, 12:20 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir or Madam.
Good morning to you. I'm the student of class 12th and I want to be journalist. I want your advise that how can I get admission in mass com. Colleges in well way or which kind of exams I have to qualify for entrance.
THANKS.
Yours faithfull
PRARIT SINGH
Contact no. 8173997018..
Id: [email protected]

I wish that as earlier you'll see this message and HELP me to get my solution.

You have to join and study the BA Journalism and Mass Communication or BA Journalism or B.Sc Mass Communication and Journalism or Bachelor of Journalism course. After completion of the course you can apply for a journalist post in various print and electronic media. There is no particular examination for the journalist post. The above mentioned courses are available in various universities in India. You should have very good communication and interpersonal skills to become a journalist. You should read the newspapers regularly and should know the current affairs. You should always act truthfully and should not manipulate news. These are some of the skills required to become a journalist.
17th February 2017, 05:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in a mass communication and journalism degree course through entrance exam, which is usually conducted by the concerned university or institute. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam.

There are many reputed universities and institutes, which offer courses related to journalism and mass communication. If you complete the studies from a reputed place, then chances are good in this field.
17th February 2017, 09:14 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Here I will give you the list of top 5 entrance exams to become journalist:

-The entrance exam of Indian Institute of mass communication
(IIMC).

-GGSIPU - CET exam

-Delhi University (BMMMC)

-Pondicherry University - MA Mass Communication

-Aligarh Muslim University entrance exam
17th February 2017, 09:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

List of entrance exams to become a Journalist:-

Journalism and Mass Communication entrance exam

Indian Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism entrance exam

Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism entrance exam

Sofia Institute of Social communication media entrance exam

Xavier Institute of Communication entrance exam

J Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia entrance exam.
19th February 2017, 03:57 PM
ruchinchauhan180

You can look for BMM course(Bachelor in Mass Media).You can give IIMC entrance exam,entrance exam conducted by Jamia Milia Islamia or GGSIPU CET exam..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?