7th March 2014, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Having only 40% in 12th will matter at the time of job?

I am pursuing my BTS (Bachelor in travel studies)1st year from IGNOU and in 12th class i got around just 40% so will it matter if i apply for a job? and i am pursuing Travel & Tourism 1 year Diploma course from YMCA?

8th March 2014, 09:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having only 40% in 12th will matter at the time of job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing my BTS (Bachelor in travel studies)1st year from IGNOU and in 12th class i got around just 40% so will it matter if i apply for a job? and i am pursuing Travel & Tourism 1 year Diploma course from YMCA?
Hey friend,

It has been a fact that your +2 marks really matter at the time of job appearance.It is because the companies hold up a line that the candidate should be consistent in their academics.

Most of the Companies would prefer 60% throughout the 10th,12th and the Graduation which the candidate is pursuing.And this may vary from companies.It is depend on which the candidate is made eligible for appearing for the Campus Interviews as this has been a standard.

Nevertheless you could also score more in your Graduation and compensate the chances of getting annoyed with the +2 marks as if the company prefers you or your college department suggests you as many colleges do this on part of the student's future.

Even for applying for the entrance exams they prefer 60% or more or less above 50% for applying for any course or jobs,and having just 40% in your +2,but can't be sure about it.If you are preferring Top ranking jobs then there is very less chances of you getting selected.

So,it is better that you finish your graduation and join in some company and gain experience and with which you can approach any MNC companies.

ALL THE BEST
9th March 2014, 05:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The world has changed a lot. There is competition in every field. Hence even the minute details of the candidates become the cause of their acceptance or rejection in various job interviews. Academic Background plays an important role in any kind of job interview. You should have worked hard in your 10+2 and if you had done so, you would not be in this sort of condition now.

Anyways, coming to your query, it will definitely matter in your job interviews especially in the private sector. However, if you pursue your diploma course well now and score high marks as well as bring good scores in the entrance exams for various jobs, then you can overpower the weak result in your 10+2 and can get job easily. SO work hard and try to score good marks in all the exams from now on.

All the Best.
10th March 2014, 06:51 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

The performance throughout your career always makes a presumption in the mind of the employer. That means that when an employer is interviewing a low percentile candidate then that candidate has to be on his toes that one single mistake or slip of tongue can spoil the interview just because the career is not good but if you perform confidently in the interview then the employer forgets about the career percentage part.

He simply ignores it just because of your confidence. On the other hand when an employer is interviewing an excellent percentile candidate he pays less attention towards his performance in the interview. because his percentile has already made an impression in the mind of the employer that the candidate is a goods one.

So obviously if you have a good percentage in your career then you do have an advantage over others who do not have the same. Alternately speaking This is just a presumption. You prepare best for the Interview or job and its there for you. Especially in Private sector it matters. In government sector career or percentage in 10+2 hardly matters. As said by you, you are a student of B.Travel Studies. Your job profile would be suitable in Government sector so you need not worry much about this percentage in 12th. It will hardly bother you.
28th March 2014, 02:24 PM
Kshitij.mk9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
10th and 12th % only matters at the time of competitive exams and admission to college. once you get admission in college then it doesnt matter at all.
rest performance depends upon your caliber and try to score minimum aggregate of 60% in all years of graduation to apply for a job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?