7th February 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in geography, which course should I study after 12th?

Sir, I have took physics, chemistry and biology till 12th and I am interested in geography, So, much that, I can select colleges then what I should?

Related Questions:
  1. What can I do after B.A in Geography or M.A in Geography? How to do higher studies in Geography in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Geography) Honours in Mumbai University if secured 74% in 12th and scored 93 marks in Geography?
  3. What I have to choose in 11th for bright career having no interest to join Biology an being an average student in Maths?
  4. What should I do after 12th having interest in Geography and History?
  5. Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?
  6. Where can i study Geography Honours in abroad?
  7. Can I study M.Sc(Oceanology) after completing B.Sc(Geography) in Abroad?
  8. Can I study MA in Geography from Pune after taking admission in SIU, Mumbai Campus?
  9. How environmental study is important in geography honors course?
  10. Possibility to study B.Sc(Geography) for B.A. candidate? Does Delhi University offers M.Sc(Geography) course?
  11. What should I study further after completing B.Sc(Geography) to become a Geologist?
  12. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Environmental Geography) if pursuing B.A.(Geography)?
  13. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Geography if pursuing 12th PCM?
  14. Which is better to study Geography Honours among B.Sc and B.A.?
  15. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Geography) in St. Andrews College, Gorakhpur if secured 71.34% in 12th Arts?
  16. Is it necessary to have Geography subject paper in class 12th if I want to do Graduation in Geography majors?
  17. Can I study M.Sc/MA after B.Sc in geography?
  18. What kind of benefits are available for a candidate through PhD(Geography) course?
7th February 2017, 08:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am interested in geography, which course should I study after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have took physics, chemistry and biology till 12th and I am interested in geography, So, much that, I can select colleges then what I should?

You can study BA or B.Sc Geography course after completion of 12th or higher secondary examinations to pursue your career in the geography field. The candidates who have passed class XII with at least 50% marks are eligible to study the BA or B.Sc Geography course. You should have studied Geography as a subject in class 10+2 for taking admission in some colleges. After completion of the course, you can study master’s degree in geography to pursue your career in the same field. If you are interested in research then you can choose M.Phil or PhD after completion of post graduation.
7th February 2017, 08:53 PM
anuraju1209
Junior Member+

Default Re: I am interested in geography, which course should I study after 12th?

After 12th class, you can able to study Geography related courses they are

* Undergraduate Programmes
* Bachelor of Arts in Geography
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) and Master of Arts in Geography

List of top colleges offering the following above courses are as follows:

* Darrang College, Tezpur (Assam)
Tezpur, Tezpur (Sonitpur Dist.) - 784001

* Wangcha Rajkumar Government College, Tirap (Arunachal Pradesh)
PO/PS: Deomali, Tirap (Tirap Dist.) - 792129

* Kittel Arts College - Department of Geography, Dharwad (Karnataka)
Poona Bangalore Road , Dharwad (Dharwad Dist.) - 580001

* Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College, Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)

* Bankey Bihari Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Budaun (Uttar Pradesh)

* Smt. Gangabai Khivaraj Ghodawat Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Jaysinghpur (Maharashtra)

These are the best colleges choose any one among these based on your location.
7th February 2017, 10:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can go for these courses in Geography in India:

Bachelor of Arts in Geography

Bachelor of Arts and Master's of arts in geography

The process of admission will depend on the marks secured by the candidate in class 12th.
Various universities organised entrance exams to select meritorious candidates for admission to various undergraduate courses.
8th February 2017, 07:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you are interested in the subject of Geography and want to do higher studies in that subject.
Since you are interested to study Geography, you can pursue BA or B.Sc degree course in Geography after the completion of class 12th from a recognised Board.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th studying Geography as a subject from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the above mentioned courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?