16th June 2014, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

MLIS can be done through distance mode without BLIS? Is MLIS enough to get Librarian job?

I have completed my post graduation in english.Now I would like to do an MLIS course in distant mode.Could I do it without BLIS?Is MLIS enough for applying job as librarian in future? Or Do I need to do BLIS too?

22nd July 2015, 12:03 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: MLIS can be done through distance mode without BLIS? Is MLIS enough to get Librarian job?

Listen, you cannot do M.L.I.S unless you do B.L.I.S. from a university. You have done graduation in English, so you are eligible to apply for post graduation in English straightway. I think this will be much easier for you than doing B.L.I.S. again, that is, Bachelor's in Library science and Information science again and then its subsequent master's degree. Although library science has a lot of scope in jobs. But you must also think that you will have to devote extra 3-4 years for this course. Are you in a state to do that. Then right now you can enroll for B.L.I.S. in Hyderabad in distance. It is Dr. B.R.Ambedkar University. In this university this course is offered for 1 year. So not much of your time is wasted. Then you have to go for a rigorous 2 year regular master degree course. You can take the forms online from their website www.braou.ac.in/. I feel this is the best way to proceed.
14th December 2017, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: MLIS can be done through distance mode without BLIS? Is MLIS enough to get Librarian job?

I have done B.Com now can I do M.L.I.S or I have to do B.L.I.S first? Will I get a good job after B.L.I.S? Does distance degree & regular degree both are given same importance?
3rd May 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduate degree in mathematics and I would like to appear MLIS as distance learning program in alagappa University. Is it possible to appear MLIS without completing BLIS? If it is possible then it will eligible to attend UGC NET exams?
3rd May 2019, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduate in mathematics and I would like to do MLIS as distance learning program in alagappa University. Is it possible to do MLIS without doing BLIS? If is it possible than it is the enough eligibility to apply for a UGC NET exams?
27th August 2021, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

After Blis what is the duration of Mlis through Ignou
8th December 2021, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Iam economics graduate. Can I do MLIS in distance mode?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?