12th September 2015, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to do Bachelor Preparatory Programme along with B.Sc in IGNOU for a candidate who has secured 90% in 10th? Can I study B.Tech on BPP basis in IGNOU?

Hello Sir/Madam,
I have passed my 10th with 90% marks in CBSE. I want to do Bachelor Preparatory Programme at IGNOU with B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics course at IGNOU. Can I take the course of B.Tech after passing BPP at IGNOU?

1st August 2016, 01:35 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do Bachelor Preparatory Programme along with B.Sc in IGNOU for a candidate who has secured 90% in 10th? Can I study B.Tech on BPP basis in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,
I have passed my 10th with 90% marks in CBSE. I want to do Bachelor Preparatory Programme at IGNOU with B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics course at IGNOU. Can I take the course of B.Tech after passing BPP at IGNOU?

The Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU is not equivalent to 10+2, so it is not possible to study B.Tech after BPP. After 10th standard you can do BPP, which is useful for the admission to B.A or Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS). You are not eligible to study B.Sc course after BPP, for studying B.Sc course you should have completed 10+2 in Science. So you can study BPP and cannot study B.Sc with 10th qualification. You are not eligible to study B.Tech with BPP from IGNOU basis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?