19th January 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I do graduation if I have passed 10th and failed in 12th?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have to do graduation after 10th pass and 12th fail, so, is it possible, and any other opinion for me or graduation, please tell me, because now i'm in working. That is way am asking.

Thanks Regards
Prakash Kumar

19th January 2015, 02:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do graduation if I have passed 10th and failed in 12th?

You can do your Graduation from some open universities, even if you have not passed in your 12th standard. To do your graduation, you have to apply for admission at any of those universities. Some universities will get direct admission, while some other universities conduct an eligibility test to offer an admission. You know about the admission procedure, by visiting their official website. Following are some of the universities, to which you can apply for admission in Graduation

Acharya Nagarjuna University Center for Distance Education
www.anucde.info/

Alagappa University Directorate of Distance Education
http://alagappauniversity.ac.in/examination/distance_education.php

Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education
www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/dde/

Nalanda Open University
www.nalandaopenuniversity.com/

Netaji Subhas Open University
www.wbnsou.ac.in/

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
www.ignou.ac.in/

Jamia Hamdard Open and Distance Learning (JH ODL)
jamiahamdard.edu/open-and-distance-learning/

JNTU School of Continuing & Distance Education
jntuh.ac.in/new/distanceeducation/distance-education.html
19th January 2015, 07:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot Graduation after failing in 12th standard. To be eligible to pursue Graduation course, you must have qualified 12th standard or equivalent from any recognised board. Since, you have not qualified 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue Graduation course. So, I suggest you to clear all your backlogs in your 12th standard as soon as possible, so, that you can get admission in Graduation course.
20th January 2015, 12:19 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can Do Graduation after passing Class X and failing Class XII.

The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers an opportunity "Bachelor Preparatory Programme" (BPP) to those Students who wish to do Bachelor's Degree of IGNOU, but do not have the Essential Qualification of having Passed Class XII.

BPP is an Enabling Programme of the university but it is not equivalent to 10+2.

Minimum Duration : 6 Months

Maximum Duration : 2 years

After Successful Completion of the BPP course, the Candidates are eligible to do Bachelor's Degree program in any Discipline offered by the University.
31st March 2015, 10:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot complete your graduation from a recognized university being a 12th failed student as the minimum requirement for this course is a 12th passed student of a recognized college/school of a recognized board .

Friend you can get admission in graduation from open universities but the degree provided by these universities are not applicable in many examinations .

So, my opinion is that you should first complete your 12th and then go for graduation so that you have more career options and are eligible for respected posts examinations .
1st April 2015, 12:40 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

yes absolutely you can apply the graduation in distance or correspondence mode .There is a chance to apply for the graduation.But this is not a traditional method of clearing the graduation.In India there are many colleges /universities offers the graduation in distance mode and here we are providing you the list of colleges provides the graduation (BBA /BBM ) in distance mode.

List of Colleges for distance education :

1.Nalanda Open university

2.Annamali University

3.Nethaji Shubhas Chandra Bose open University

4. Symbiosis Open university for center learning and distance education

5.University of Mumbai

6.ANU, AP

7.Kakatiya University.
1st April 2015, 10:02 AM
Ashwakh

You clearly mentioned that , you have completed 10th and you have not completed 12th .

Basically , to pursue Graduation 12th/ Diploma is must. But , there are some colleges which will join 12th Fail students in Degree. Those are OPEN DEGREE courses.

Note that , most of the colleges which are offering this type of Open Degree course are not Recognised colleges. So , you cant expect a Promotion in your Job since you have not completed your Degree from a Recognised university .

So , before joining in any Open degree college , make sure that the college is a Recognised one or not.
3rd April 2015, 12:06 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the norms of the UGC to pursue any kind of graduation the candidate should posses the pass certificate of 10+2.

Which clearly mentions the candidate should have passed the 10th and 12th as well to pursue any graduation.
4th April 2015, 01:43 PM
kunalroy89

You can not enrol directly for graduation after failing in 12th.Either you can go for diploma on basis of 10th result as that does not require 12 pass.Or appear for 12th next year and then go for graduation. If you go for Ignou's preparatory program,which is useful but then also you will be stranded in mid session as you would have to wait till start of next session for admission. So better option advisable would be to appear for 12th next year and then graduate
6th April 2015, 10:46 PM
satya praveen96
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.You cannot do the graduation course in regular course as you have not qualified in your 12th standard.

2.But you can do some graduation courses even after 10th standard but in distance.

3.Like B.A,B.Sc,B.Com etc,...

4.So try to apply for those courses in distance and try to complete those courses with good percentage which will add some weight to your graduation.

Hope above information is helpful to you.............

Have a nice day...................
8th April 2015, 05:11 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Yes, you can complete your graduation despite being 12th fail. There are universities which offer graduation courses for those who are 12th fail. Before applying for graduation course, you need to pass an eligibility test for admission. However, it is advisable that you pass your 12th exam and then apply for graduation.
8th April 2015, 07:51 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.Actually you cannot do the regular graduation course by failing in 12th standard.

2.But there are some open universities which are availing some good graduation courses.

3.So you try to get admission into those universities as there is no such criteria for this universities admission is easy.

4.But you cannot do all the courses as you can do in regular basis in these universities.

Hope this information is helpful to you.................

Have a nice day.................
14th June 2016, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello,

I'm from rajkot Gujarat sir I have a question?
I'm 12 fail but I join to BPP class in is it possible pls tell me to replay ask my question for a answer.....

Thanks & Regards

Students from rajkot
29th June 2016, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am pass bpp course and don b.a from Dr.baba saheb open university Gujarat but I am not pass 12th so I can apply for gov.job on 12th pass vacacy like clerk
20th January 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends, I have passed 10th, but not appeared 12th exam as i was not well, i want to do graduation only from ignou, so is there any option for giving any exams which is equivalent to 12th! Not in other institute, only in ignou?
17th April 2017, 07:05 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

No , sir its not possible to do graduation if you haven't qualified in +2 with aggregate percentage .
-> Even in distance mode also you ought to finish +2 . So better you clear your +2 with pass percentage and then start doing graduation .
-> Be consistent and determined towards education you can crack the exams with decent percentage .
24th June 2017, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

If there is gap of more then 6 years after 10 standard so one can do 12 th from which boars done 1o from icsc can do from that.
24th November 2017, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I'm 10th passed and 12th fail but now I want complete my study but problem is that I'm passed 10th in 1999 and leave study before many years but now I want to do study is it in possible?
2nd December 2017, 12:31 PM
samuelrose

NO...it is not possible to do graduation without having 12th.
The eligibility to applying for graduation is 12th.You can take a diploma with 10th pass.So it is better to take diploma for you in this situation.
30th May 2018, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I am passed in 10th and fail in 12th in 3 subjects physics chemistry and maths then it is possible for me if i do graduation without 12th pass out
21st March 2019, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

I was failed in 12th can I join diploma and how many years it will take?
19th August 2019, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I failed 12th exam on2006, now i am 30yr, can I join any graduation courses ?
21st August 2019, 09:41 PM
Alkasharma123

Yes, you can complete your graduation despite being 12th fail. There are universities which offer graduation courses for those who are 12th fail. Before applying for graduation course, you need to pass an eligibility test for admission.
23rd August 2019, 09:59 PM
Alkasharma123

No, you cannot do graduation if you failed in 12th.
For graduation you must completed 12th class from the recognized board of education with minimum marks 45%.
23rd August 2019, 10:01 PM
sharmasheetal

No, you cannot do graduation if you failed in 12th.
For graduation you must completed 12th class from the recognized board of education with minimum marks 45% in any stream.
10th February 2020, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I passed class 10 with 75% in the year 2012 , but unfortunately I got compartment in 2 subjects in class 12 and after that I have done DIPLOMA ENGINEERING with 78% Marks and then pursuing b.tech in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING with 6.75 at present upto 6th sem , so can I get the job in any company after GRADUATION??
11th March 2020, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Is Bpp still available in ignou?
Please reply soon as possible.
30th April 2020, 04:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my 10th in 2004 and stopped further studies now can i do direct graduation bit without appearing 12th

Please let me know
31st May 2020, 11:20 PM
Arpitdongre

No dear for graduation you have to do 12th but if you have 10th you can go for diploma and based on that you can admission you will get admission in graduation.
Good luck
22nd July 2020, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I do graduation if I do only class up to 7th but age is appropriate for graduation.
8th October 2020, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th and failed in plus two , I have completed in BA English in open University, is this degree value ? And plus two I failed in 20 years back, so is it possible to appear for plus two exams now and thru which University I can write plus two? Please guide me with accurate details .
24th September 2021, 06:28 PM
Minal F

No, its not a good option you must have 12th passed in any stream from a recognized university. IT's better to continue your study class wise.
27th May 2022, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I REQUESTEDSIR I AM HSC FAILED BUT I AM NEED THE GRADUCATION COMPLATED CERTIFICATE PLEASE HELP ME DEAR SIR
31st May 2022, 06:20 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do graduation if you failed in 12th. For graduation you must completed 12th class from the recognized board of education with minimum marks 45% in any stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?