10th June 2016, 03:46 PM
kottikalyani

Is it possible to change the department from IT to CSE in second year of college?

Iam from 1st btech from IT department. I want to change to CSE department.
Is it possible? What is the procedure followed for the same? Can someone please provide me the details on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

10th June 2016, 08:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change the department from IT to CSE in second year of college?

No, it is not possible to change from IT to CSE stream for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your first year B.Tech course. You need to pursue complete four years B.Tech course in the same stream in order to be eligible to get B.Tech degree certificate. Both IT and CSE stream syllabus are almost same with minor changes, so, I suggest you to pursue your B.Tech course in the same stream which you have pursued in your first year of B.Tech course.
11th June 2016, 12:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change the department from IT to CSE in second year of college?

I am sorry to say that you cannot shift stream in 2nd year of B.Tech from IT to CSE as there is no such provision for it. You will have to continue with your studies in the same stream otherwise have to get admission in 1st year again in CSE course to continue with your studies in the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?