11th January 2016, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get admission for MA in Sociology without completion of Graduation?

Hello Sir/Mam!

Please tell me can I do MA in sociology because i did not have sociology in graduation? Can someone please provide me the information on this? What would be the eligibility criteria required for the same? What is the process I need to follow next?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better choice to do PG course after completion of B.A Sociology? MA Sociology or MSW?
  2. Is majors and honors in economics or sociology is same? Which one to take next after completion of graduation?
  3. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate?
  4. What shall I do to have a better career after completion of Post Graduation in Sociology?
  5. Can i do B.Ed. from DU after doing graduation in Sociology?
  6. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  7. How to prepare for MA Sociology admission in colleges like Jamia Milia and JNU?
  8. How to take admission in M.A Sociology after doing B.A in Sociology? Procedure for admission?
  9. Is it possible for me to get the job in private or government sector after completion of M.A Sociology course?
  10. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  11. Which subject should i choose for NET with Sociology in post graduation?
  12. Is this a good choice of joining P.hd in Sociology from Jaipur after completing post graduation in Sociology?
  13. How to get Ph.D. admission in Sociology field?
  14. When are the forms available for Ph.D private for those who have completed graduation in Sociology?
  15. Can I get admission in M.Phil and Ph.D in Sociology after completing M.A Sociology in SNDT college in Mumbai?
  16. Entrance exams to study M.A.(Sociology) for B.A.(Sociology) graduate?
  17. How can I become a dietitian after completing graduation with sociology, political science and English Honors
  18. Can I apply for MCA course after completion of Graduation in BA? -- [Most Discussed]
12th January 2016, 12:48 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission for MA in Sociology without completion of Graduation?

In order to pursue MA in Sociology you will first of all have to complete your BA from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 60% in your graduation and your age should not be above 17 years.
12th January 2016, 08:55 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission for MA in Sociology without completion of Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam!

Please tell me can I do MA in sociology because i did not have sociology in graduation? Can someone please provide me the information on this? What would be the eligibility criteria required for the same? What is the process I need to follow next?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for MA in Sociology after completing Graduation. Most of the recognized Universities and Institutes offer MA in sociology, and consider those candidates who have completed their Graduation in the discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. Those who belongs to reserved category need to have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the same. Admission is through Written Test and Personal Interview. The duration of the program is two years. For more Information you must visit the official website of the concerned university or Institute of concern offering MA in Sociology.
12th January 2016, 09:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Sir/Mam!

If you have not completed B.S in Sociology then you are not eligible for M.A in Sociology.

Eligibility criteria for M.A in Sociology:-

1)Those candidates who have completed BA in Sociology from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in Sociology course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
12th January 2016, 10:33 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot pursue masters degree course without completion of graduation degree.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue MA in sociology is that the candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

So, to avail admission in MA (Sociology), one must have passed his/ her graduation degree.
14th January 2016, 01:33 PM
GraphicDesiner

Quote:
Hello Sir/Mam!

Yes you can do MA in sociology even if you don't have done BA in sociology,
The minimum marks required to get admission in MA is 50%.

Some universities provide direct admission if you have completed your graduation from the same universities and some give admission to students through entrance exam.

List of colleges for MA in sociology:

Sri Venkateswara University Directorate of Distance Education, Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)

University of Kerala : School of Distance Education, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala)

Acharya Nagarjuna University Centre for Distance Education, Nagarjuna nagar (Andhra Pradesh)

Andhra University School of Distance Education, Vishakapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?