3rd October 2018, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an Advocate for a candidate who has secured 54% in LLB?

Hi everyone, I have secured 55.12% marks in my BA and 54% in LLB. I want to enroll for Advocate now. As, I have done LLB after my BA so, I don’t know how can I enroll myself as an Advocate? Kindly tell me the process. Waiting for your response!

27th March 2023, 05:23 AM
4700BC

Default Re: Procedure to become an Advocate for a candidate who has secured 54% in LLB?

To become an advocate in India, you need to follow the below procedure:

1. Register for the All India Bar Examination (AIBE): AIBE is a mandatory exam for all law graduates who want to practice law in India. You need to register for the exam and appear for it to get the Certificate of Practice (COP).

2. Get the Certificate of Practice (COP): After passing the AIBE, you will receive the COP. This certificate enables you to practice law in any court or tribunal in India.

3. Enroll with State Bar Council: You need to enroll with the State Bar Council where you wish to practice law. You need to submit the required documents, such as mark sheets, degree certificates, AIBE scorecard, and other relevant documents.

4. Complete the internship: Before you start practicing law, you need to complete an internship for a specific period. The duration of the internship varies from state to state. You can do your internship under a senior advocate or with a law firm.

5. Obtain the Advocate ID card: Once you complete your internship, you will receive the Advocate ID card from the State Bar Council. This card serves as proof that you are a registered advocate and enables you to practice law in India.

In your case, as you have completed your LLB, you need to register for the AIBE and appear for the exam. After passing the AIBE, you can enroll with the State Bar Council and complete the internship. Once you complete the internship, you will receive the Advocate ID card, and you can start practicing law in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?