24th September 2015, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Scholarship for MBBS students of General category?

Sir, i have completed my MBBS. I have got 66% in 1st year MBBS in gujarat university. My family position is very weak. My father do job & my family's yearly income is 1,50,000. I am in general category. I want to know about the scholarship for MBBS.

29th October 2016, 10:36 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Scholarship for MBBS students of General category?

There is no such scholarship program for general students in an MBBS course. But you have a genuine cause where you require a form of scholarship to continue your studies. What you can apply for is a concession in the monthly fee of the MBBS course.
Considering the fact, that you are really a good student, there should not be a problem in getting such a concession. What you need to do now, is write two formal applications, one to your head of the department and the other to the principal of your college. The matter in both the applications should be same. You would state your current family status and apply for a high fee concession. You can ask for a 100% concession during the rest of your course. Although there are very low chances of the institute agreeing to this. But even then, you have a fair chance of getting at least 50% concession for your academic session. Please do enclose proofs of your family's yearly income along with your letter. I am sure, soon you will get a positive reply from the college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?