11th August 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Scope of Psychology for B.Com Candidates

Hello Sir, I am Anitha and I am a pass out B.Com in the year 2008. I have got 8 years work experience in a MNC on Troubleshooting, Call Monitoring, Queues and Complaints handling. I would like to go to Psychology field now. What is the scope of Psychology course for me?

Related Questions:
12th August 2016, 08:57 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of Psychology for B.Com Candidates

Scope of Psychology for B.Com candidate:-

Counselling Psychologist

Walfare Organizations

Psychiatric Assistant

Hospital

Personal Administration

Defence Forces

Child Support Psychologist.
12th August 2016, 09:46 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am Anitha and I am a pass out B.Com in the year 2008. I have got 8 years work experience in a MNC on Troubleshooting, Call Monitoring, Queues and Complaints handling. I would like to go to Psychology field now. What is the scope of Psychology course for me?
Yes, of course you can make your career in Psychology after B.Com with 8 years work experience. You can do M.A in Psychology course through distance or correspondence mode while doing a job.

- The minimum eligibility criteria required for M.A in Psychology is that the candidate must complete Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. The M.A in Psychology degree course duration is 2 years.

Once, after completing MA in Psychology course, you can find job opportunity in different fields such as, Health Care, Teaching field etc. Some graduates may work as a doctoral level psychologists based on their qualification and experience.
12th August 2016, 06:38 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The scope for the Psychology candidates is good in India. So after B.Com you can study Master Degree in Psychology field. There are various job prospects available for the psychology candidates like Developmental Psychologist, Teachers, Industrial Psychologist, Health Psychologist, Research Assistant, Sports Psychologist, School Counselor, Social Psychologist, Marriage Counselor, Clinical Psychologist etc. They can work in various Hospitals, Private Practice, Welfare organizations, Rehabilitation centre, College, Advertising Industry, Child Guidance Centre, Prisons etc. So the aspirant can choose the Psychology course after commerce graduation.
12th August 2016, 09:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Scope of Psychology course for B.Com Candidates:

If you have good Analytical and Communication Skills, and good interest towards this field, then I am sure you can get into this new field. Generally Psychology field is not recommended for B.Com based candidates as M.Com, MBA and other such courses are mostly preferable. But, if you have a very good interest in doing this course, then I can surely say that you may go with Psychology field as the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree.

After successful completion of this course, you can find employment opportunities in Counselling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Research, Teaching Field, Sports Psychology, Health Psychology, Social Work and Educational Psychology.
12th August 2016, 09:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your degree course that is B.Com you can go for post graduation course in Psychology or diploma in Psychology. You can apply for these posts after completion of your post graduation in psychology:

Child Psychiatrist

Engineer Psychologist

Forensic Psychologist

Industrial Organisational Psychologist
3rd November 2018, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Myself Maruthi and I have completed my B.Com and presently working as Billing executive in hospital field. But nowadays I am getting interested in counseling the mentally accepted people so I am looking to go for psychology field.
I need a help to plan my career
17th March 2019, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to do master in psychology after b.com and metric in arts from Punjab university in Lahore, what is scope for me, plz gudie, its my pleasure,
24th May 2019, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.com in 2000 and am a house wife....Now I have developed interest in counselling for people suffering from relationship issues....can i do a degree in psychology now??? I am 39 year old
13th February 2020, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Right now I am in my first year of Graduation in Commerce Stream(B.com hon's) but recently I have realised that my interest in field of psychology is increasing. i feel like after graduation it will be beneficial for me to shift my focus to this field. But I am bit Confused about what course I should go for....M.A. or M.Sc. ??
Please guide me....
1st August 2020, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am a Bcom graduate 2006 batch , with 12 years of work experience , I always wanted to learn psychology and how human brain works , can I do MAsters in Psychology in this stage and will it be recognized if I do distance and is it available for BCom graduates ?
11th October 2020, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am a freshly graduated student from bcom computers, now i want to pursue MSC in clinical psychology in distance mode, am i elidgible to do MSC after bcom?
11th October 2020, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi im a freshly graduated bcom computers graduate, now i want to pursue MSC in clinical psychology in distance mode, am i elidgible to do MSC after bcom?
14th October 2020, 08:28 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

After its successfull completion, you'll find many employment opportunities in the field of:-
Clinical research
Teaching field
Sports
Social work
It's scope is endless in both pvt as well as govt sector.....��
4th September 2021, 11:41 AM
Minal F

Candidates must have 10+2 degree in any stream Science,Arts and Commerce are eligible for admission to psychology courses.

Scope:-
Clinical Psychology
Forensic Psychologist
Social Psychologist
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?