19th September 2015, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in CPT to join ICAI course being a B.Com(Accountancy) graduate?

Hello Sir,
I have completed B.Com with Accountancy and scored 63% marks. I want to join ICAI program and become CA. But I don’t know that I have to give CPT or not? CPT are for 12th passout or for Graduates, I don’t know. Please tell me.

21st September 2015, 07:52 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I have to appear in CPT to join ICAI course being a B.Com(Accountancy) graduate?

No, you need not appear in CPT.

As per the ICAI Rules Commerce related degree with 55% and Non-Commerce with 60% graduates only eligible for CA-IPCC Course Directly.

So, you already have Graduation with 63%, you can directly eligible for CA –IPCC.
After the Completion of CA-IPCC you can eligible for CA-Final course.

During the Period You Can Under gone the period of 3 yrs for Practical training

For More details Visit www.icai.org.
23rd September 2015, 06:46 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I have to appear in CPT to join ICAI course being a B.Com(Accountancy) graduate?

I am happy to say you that you do not have to appear for the CPT rather you can directly apply for the CA-IPCC.
As per the rules of ICAI, candidates with minimum of 55% marks in the Graduation level are directly eligible for CA-IPCC.
Since you have 63% of marks in Graduation, you are directly eligible for CA-IPCC.
After the completion of CA-IPCC, you will be eligible for the final course of CA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?