5th October 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Should I study B.A.(Philosophy) to become a Professional Novelist?

I want to become a Professional Novelist, right now I am studying Humanities in 12th standard. My sister is telling me to do B.A. in Philosophy to achieve my aim. Kindly let me know that she is right?

6th October 2016, 12:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study B.A.(Philosophy) to become a Professional Novelist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a Professional Novelist, right now I am studying Humanities in 12th standard. My sister is telling me to do B.A. in Philosophy to achieve my aim. Kindly let me know that she is right?

You can study B.A Philosophy or Psychology or English or Hindi or the language in which you want to write. Mastering the language is the most important aspect of writing. You have to read many books in order to increase your vocabulary. The best subject to choose is a literature degree. You should have very good imagination and narrative style. Studies and practicing will improve your writing skills. You have to write continuously without fail, to become a Novelist. You can use Facebook and Blogs to write some short stories and articles. You will become a professional novelist after some years.
6th October 2016, 07:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study B.A.(Philosophy) to become a Professional Novelist?

It is very good thinking that you want to become a Professional Novelist.
Yes, definitely you can opt B.A in Philosophy to become a Novelist. You must take your Graduation in the same field and then must opt for Masters in Philosophy to proceed for your Goal. I am sure that you will succeed in your life with your achievements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?