24th September 2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Should i write NEET or CET being a PCMB student?

I have heard that PCMB student should not write neet exam to get in medical. I want to confirm about it.

25th September 2015, 01:22 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should i write NEET or CET being a PCMB student?

You can choose to appear for any one of the two Examinations that you want to.
Both the Examinations are national level entrance examination for the Medical Courses.
NEET Examination is better for you if you are a student of the CBSE Board.
As you are a student of the PCMB Board then both the Examinations will be almost same for you so the choice is entirely up to you on which examination you want to appear for.
25th September 2015, 06:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It all depends on your interest and if you want to study medical then you are definitely eligible for NEET. Otherwise, you can apply for any engineering entrance exam being a PCMB stream students.

You have passed with PCMB which is best in terms of choice available. You have many options ahead but it will all depend your inclination towards a field. Therefore, choose according to your interest and get admission in a reputed college.
25th September 2015, 07:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have heard that PCMB student should not write neet exam to get in medical. I want to confirm about it.
If you have completed 12th standard with PCMB from a recognized university then you are eligible for NEET exam.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
25th September 2015, 11:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have heard the right thing because National Eligibility cum Entrance test is no more conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education for the PCB candidates for admission in undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS etc.

In place of NEET, CBSE now conducts All India Pre Medical test for admission of candidates who want admission in MBBS or BDS in government medical college. The eligibility criteria for the exam is that you must have done 10+2 with PCB subjects with at least 50 % marks in it.

Other criteria is that your minimum age should be 17 years on 31st December of year of admission. If you satisfy both these conditions, you can apply for the AIPMT 2016 for which notification will be out in December 2015.

CET is the Common Entrance test. Generally CET is conducted by the State government for undergraduate courses in engineering, medical courses etc. So, from my point of view you should apply for the AIPMT and CET both.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?