10th August 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance of getting CS stream in IEM on the basis of rank of 9000 in WBJEE?

If I get a rank of 9000 in WBJEE and my board percentage is above 90%. Is there any chance of getting CS stream in IEM? If not, then what are the streams I can go for? What are the other notable colleges for choosing CS as my stream with my aforementioned marks?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission through management in IEM after scoring 5280 rank in WBJEE? What is the fee structure?
  2. Can I get admission in institute of engineering and management(IEM) after scoring 4359 rank in WBJEE?
  3. How to get a chance for admission in IEM? I have scored 44 in BSc
  4. Will i get a chance in government college in West Bengal after scoring 4052 in AIEEE and 6512 in WBJEE? Any chance to get in IEM or Heritage in West Bengal in computer science and engineering?
  5. Is WBJEE rank of 44508 enough for admission in IEM?
  6. Government colleges that I may get after scoring 5186 in WBJEE?
  7. Can I get admission in IEM after scoring 16556 in WBJEE? List of some good engineering private colleges?
  8. How can I get direct admission in IEM, Kolkata? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get admitted in IEM in CSE by Management Quota without having any rank in WBJEE and AIEEE?
  10. Can I get admission in civil engineering in Techno India with 9000 rank in WBJEE
  11. Chances of getting admission in government or private colleges having 44 rank in JELET? IEM accepts JELET score?
  12. Will I get a chance to join government college? I have scored 9553 in WBJEE
  13. Can I get a seat in Vizag Gitams after scoring 9000 rank in GITAMS? In whcih stream would I get?
  14. In which Engineering colleges I can get admission for Mechanical or Civil stream with a rank of 3877 in WBJEE?
  15. How much i need to pay to take admission in IEM through management quota?
  16. Admission in IEM in CSA branch is possible as per my WBJEE and JEE Main rank?
  17. Will I get a chance to get admission in government college after scoring 76000 rank in WBJEE?
  18. Can I get a chance in government engineering college after scoring 10254 rank in WBJEE?
12th August 2017, 10:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance of getting CS stream in IEM on the basis of rank of 9000 in WBJEE?

It will be difficult to get admission in IEM based on 9000 rank in WBJEE, if you belong to general category. Chances of selection will be more, if you belong to any reserved category.

Also, the stream you choose will be important. CS is one of the popular stream and it will have high competition at any top college.
13th August 2017, 03:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance of getting CS stream in IEM on the basis of rank of 9000 in WBJEE?

It is very glad to hear that you have scored above 90% of marks in your class 12th examination.
To get admission in IEM, you must have to score a very good rank in WBJEE examination as IEM is one of the top most private College in Kolkata.
Basically IEM provides admission to candidates securing a rank within 5000 as it is very reputed College. But still you can try to get CS stream in the above mentioned College.
Admission will be based on the merit rank a particular secured in WBJEE.

Apart from that, you can get admission in some other Colleges as well with the above mentioned rank.

They are as follows:-

Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Address: Chowbaga Road, Anandapur, P.O East Kolkata Township, Kolkata, West Bengal 700107
Phone: 033 6627 0610

Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management
Address: 24/1A, Chandi Ghosh Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700040

St. Thomas' College of Engineering and Technology
Address: 4, Diamond Harbour Road, Kidderpore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700027
Phone: 033 2448 1081
19th August 2017, 03:19 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I get a rank of 9000 in WBJEE and my board percentage is above 90%. Is there any chance of getting CS stream in IEM? If not, then what are the streams I can go for? What are the other notable colleges for choosing CS as my stream with my aforementioned marks?
The chances are very less to get admission in IEM with 9000 rank in WBJEE though your board percentage is really good but during counseling the WBJEE rank carries more importance than the marks in 12th level.

For admission in CS stream in Institute of Engineering and Management(IEM) the candidates need to score a rank within 5000 in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination(WBJEE). However you are still eligible to get admission in CS stream under some other reputed college with 9000 rank.

Good Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?