29th July 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?

Hello sir, I have completed class 12 in non medical stream. if I want to join merchant navy, can I apply after completing class 12 or after graduation? in case I can apply after graduation, are there any specific branches from which I have to complete graduation or any branch will do? also guide me regarding what physical fitness is required. also, I want to know about the salary offered.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  2. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  3. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  4. Can I join merchant navy if I am a girl? What is the whole procedure for it? What are the qualifications required?
  5. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  6. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  8. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  9. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  12. How can get into Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria
  13. Can I appear for Merchant Navy after BSc Economics? What is the eligibility criteria?
  14. Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for Diploma in Electrical Engineering 1st year student?
  15. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  16. How to join merchant navy after my engineering? What is the general criteria?
  17. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  18. Procedure to join Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and the fee structure?
31st July 2015, 12:41 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed class 12 in non medical stream. if I want to join merchant navy, can I apply after completing class 12 or after graduation? in case I can apply after graduation, are there any specific branches from which I have to complete graduation or any branch will do? also guide me regarding what physical fitness is required. also, I want to know about the salary offered.
Yes, of course you can join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard. Girls are eligible to join in Merchant Navy. There so many Merchant Navy related courses are available. To get admission in Merchant Navy you have to appear and qualify in the IMU examination.

Eligibility Criteria:-

-Students should have done 12th class with science stream with minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board.
-Students should be unmarried.
-Age should be not above 20 years.

Physical Requirements:-

- Eye Sight = 6/6,
- Height = 167 cms,
- Weight = 50 Kg
- Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

31st July 2015, 01:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

No, girls candidates are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam after completion of 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
31st July 2015, 03:35 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, I myself got selected for the merchant Navy but I guess the female candidates are not eligible for the Job on an executive post in Merchant Navy.

On the basis of 12th or graduation, the cadets are taken for the training and then they are sent on the deck for posting. But girl candidates are not allowed seeing to the nature of job.
31st July 2015, 04:03 PM
pjgp

Girls are not eligible for merc hant navy after 12th so,you have to apply for merchant navy after graduation only.
UPSC will conduct an examination for recruitment of merchant navy you should qualify in the examination conducted by UPSC.
the eligibilities are:
candidate should be citizen of india,subject of nepal.bhutan ,refugee of tibetan.
candidate should complete graduation
the age limit is between 21-29 years
candidate should get 55% agreegate in graduation.

selection process:
written exam
medical test
interview
31st July 2015, 08:40 PM
pointer01

Eligibility Criteria for Girls to Join Merchant Navy-

1-You must have completed 12th with science stream.
2-You should have minimum 60% marks in 12th.
3-You should be Unmarried Candidate.
4-Your age should be 20 years.
13th March 2019, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I am really willing to join merchant navy as a Sci student and being a girl what more I should know about the stream, and how will I get an opportunity after 12 std?
27th November 2019, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

I am a girl I have completed my b.tech in civil engineering course how can I work on the ship what procedure I need to follow for future, age limit any guidance related further training to work on a ship please help me to find my way .....
4th December 2019, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma in mechanical engineering i you intrest in nevay my qualifications is eligible to apply neavy
8th February 2020, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 12th passed but am not sicences ,any chance to join navy
7th August 2020, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Physical fitness for girls to join navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?