18th February 2023, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

What is Marine Engineering? Steps for become marine Engineer? Colleges, percentage and skills required for Female?

1) Tell me about marine engineer in detail so i can know more about the profession ? 2) Proper steps for pursuing the Required education of being marine Engineer? 3)What kind of college I should chose for my goal ? 4) is any type of skill required for this profession like swimming ? 5) Percentage of female engineer in this field ? 6) What kind of difficulties Marine Engineers faces 7) Working 'hours of engineer? Reply me soon

20th May 2023, 03:32 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: What is Marine Engineering? Steps for become marine Engineer? Colleges, percentage and skills required for Female?

Marine engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of marine vessels. Marine engineers are responsible for the propulsion, power generation, and other mechanical systems on ships, boats, and other watercraft. They also work on offshore platforms and other marine structures.
To become a marine engineer, you will need to complete a bachelor's degree in marine engineering from an accredited institution. There are many colleges and universities that offer marine engineering programs, both in India and abroad. The eligibility criteria for these programs vary, but most require students to have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
Once you have completed your degree, you will need to pass the Marine Engineering Officer (Class III) examination. This examination is conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS). Once you have passed the examination, you will be eligible to work as a marine engineer on a commercial vessel.
The skills required for a career in marine engineering include:
  • Strong mathematical and scientific aptitude
  • Excellent problem-solving skills
  • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Ability to work in a variety of conditions, including extreme weather
Swimming is not a required skill for marine engineers, but it is a valuable skill to have. Swimming can help you to stay safe in the event of an emergency, and it can also help you to get around on a ship or boat.
The percentage of female engineers in the marine engineering field is relatively low. According to the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, only about 6% of marine engineers are women. However, the number of female marine engineers is increasing, and there are many opportunities for women in this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?