23rd March 2016, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the process of doing MBBS degree after passing 10th?

I am now studying in class 10th. And i want to study MBBS degree after passing my 10th standard. Then please tell me what is the process of doing MBBS degree course after 10th?

23rd March 2016, 07:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process of doing MBBS degree after passing 10th?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It takes 5 ½ years including 1 year compulsory rotating internship to complete this course.

The eligibility criteria for MBBS degree are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India .

-The candidate should have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

-The candidate must have passed 10+2/HSC with 60% marks for General and OBC category and 50 % marks for SC/ST category.

- The candidate age should be at least 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
23rd March 2016, 07:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't get admission in MBBS after class 10th passing. You need at least class 12th qualification with PCB stream to become eligible for medical entrance exam.

Hence, you need to take admission in PCB stream if your only aim is studying MBBS. Admission will be purely based on the performance in entrance exam.
23rd March 2016, 09:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To do MBBS course, you must have to pursue 11th and 12th standard in Medical Science stream (BiPC) from a recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you must have to appear in Medical entrance examinations like AIIMS, AIPMT, EAMCET, AMU MBBS, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, if you secure a good rank in the entrance examination then, you can get admission for doing MBBS course.
24th March 2016, 01:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot pursue MBBS degree after completion of your 10th class. The minimum eligibility requirement in order to be eligible to opt for MBBS curse is that the candidate should have completed his/her 12th class with science(PCB) from a recognized board scoring a minimum of 60% in aggregate.

After this you will have to appear for AIPMT entrance examination, which is however the exam for enrollment of candidate in MBBS course.

So, first of all I would suggest you to complete your 12th with good score and then think of anything else.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?