23rd January 2016, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Whether Combined Graduation Level test is best in comparison to Bank test?

Sir,

I am working in a private sector bank. I want to appear for CGL exam. I want to know whether combined graduation level test is best to give in comparison of giving any public sector bank exam?

Please advice.

23rd January 2016, 01:26 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Whether Combined Graduation Level test is best in comparison to Bank test?

Yes combined graduate level test is better than giving bank test only as by giving bank test you may get job only in bank but from combined graduate level test you may get job in various grade B, C and D post in different departments/ministries of central government.
23rd January 2016, 02:43 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Combined Graduation Level test is best in comparison to Bank test?

Combined Graduation Level test is better than Bank test.
As jobs in CGL is more respected as compared to that of Banks.
Also, candidate has more options in various departments to choose in CGL.
Salary of officers after clearing CGL is more than the officers after clearing bank exams.
23rd January 2016, 03:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes that I can say. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I recommended write CGL Exam or other examinations which are conducted by Staff Selection Commission are much better than Banking Based Examinations. Here are the reasons why SSC Exams are best when compared to Banking related Examinations. One thing is there is a sectional cutoff in each section of the banking examinations along with the overall cutoff, where as in SSC CGL Examination there is no sectional cutoff instead there is only a overall cutoff. When compared to CGL Examination, the standard of questions asking in English sections of Banking Examination is high whereas in CGL it is low. After considering all these points into mind, I can clearly say that CGL Examination is very much better than banking based recruitments.
23rd January 2016, 09:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

It totally depends upon your desire, as if you are interested in getting banking jobs you have to appear and qualify in banking examination where as for getting jobs in CBI, Income tax department etc... you have to appear for CGL examination.

CGL examination is conducted by SSC where as banking entrance examination is conducted by IBPS and SBI.

The educational qualification for both examinations are graduation from any recognised university where as there is some difference in age limits.

For more information about examinations in detail visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in or http://www.ibps.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?