23rd January 2016, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Can last year student of B.Tech degree apply for Combined Graduate Level test?

Sir, I am a B.tech student of ECE branch. Right now i am in the last year of B.tech degree course. So i want to know if i am eligible to appear for CGL 2016 examination? Please give the answer to [email protected]. Thanks

23rd January 2016, 02:38 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can last year student of B.Tech degree apply for Combined Graduate Level test?

Yes, last year student of B.Tech can apply for Combined Graduate Level test.
Candidate have to produce his/her degree at the time of interview.

Age of candidate must not be more than 32 years.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.
Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
23rd January 2016, 04:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can last year student of B.Tech degree apply for Combined Graduate Level test?

Yes, candidates who are pursuing their final year are certainly eligible to appear in CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year. Generally, SSC releases notification in the month of February/ March every year and considers the candidate's educational qualification as on 1st August of the conduct of Examination. So SSC CGL 2016 notification will be released in the month of February (probably in second week of Feb) and considers educational qualification as on August 2016. Since you are a final year candidate, you will complete your studies by April or May of 2016 and have the pass certificates by August 2016. This is the reason why Final year Graduates are eligible for appearing in CGL Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission.
23rd January 2016, 11:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for SSC CGL 2016 examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in different government jobs.

To appear for examination the required eligibility is candidate must have passed or in final year of graduation from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 18-27 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The application form for examination will be available from 13th February. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?