26th August 2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Whether my amount will be refunded if want to quit admission from KIIT?

Hello Everyone,
I have got 27229 rank at KIITEE. I have selected for B.Tech in counselling and paid fee of Rs. 62000. But I have got admission in NIT too. So, I want to quit from KIIT. I want to know that is refundable available or not at KIIT?

15th October 2015, 04:59 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether my amount will be refunded if want to quit admission from KIIT?

In one word my answer will be NO. When you paid the admission fee, you should have asked the receptionist or the office staff about it. He will also agree to what I am saying. Under admission fee you have mostly non refundable money. The break up of the admission fee is different in different institutions. Most general break up is tuition fee, school management fee, canteen fee, library fee, caution money, games money, hostel fee(if applicable) and few others. So almost all but one I mentioned here are non refundable fees. The only amount which is refundable is the caution money. But that is reimbursed only when you study for 4 and half years in that same college. In your case, this is also not applicable. So you are not eligible for any refund of fee.
But nonetheless you can see the principal and tell him your situation. Only if he permits, there could be some effect.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?