14th February 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for direct entry in CA IPCC?

I had semester pattern for B.Com and scored 55.10% in semester 6th but my third year B.Com result shows 51% (on aggregate of semester 5th and semester 6th). Will I be eligible for direct entry? I have also passed CPT but still not cleared IPCC.

15th February 2017, 04:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for direct entry in CA IPCC?

CA IPCC stands for Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence course. The eligibility criteria for direct IPCC is that candidate must have scored minimum of 55% marks in B.Com stream or 60% or more in non commerce stream. You have scored only 51% aggregate in Bachelor of commerce and hence not eligible for direct IPCC.

As you have mentioned that you have cleared CPT then there is no problem, you can pursue IPCC which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy course. For any more details, you can visit official website of ICAI, http://www.icai.org.
15th February 2017, 06:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for the IPCC after the completion of your Graduation with only 51% of marks.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the IPCC course.
Since you have less than 55% of marks in Graduation , you are not eligible for it.
15th February 2017, 07:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IPCC stands Integrated Professional Competence Course and same is the stage second of CA course.

The eligibility for pursuing IPCC is either qualification in CPT ( Common Proficiency Test )i.e; stage one of CA course or by completing graduation in commerce with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university. For other stream students minimum marks in graduation for exemption of CPT is 60%.

Now as far as you are concerned about your direct entry to IPCC having secured 55.1% in 6th semester and 51% in third year overall then I would like to let you know that what matters the overall marks in third year rather than aggregate in one year. And hence if your aggregate in overall course if 55% then you can exempt CPT otherwise you will have to go through CPT route.
15th February 2017, 09:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Your overall B.Com aggregate marks should be above 55% to make you eligible for CA IPCC. Semester marks will not decide the actual percentage.

Just look at your final year mark sheet and calculate the percentage on the basis of marks obtained.
15th February 2017, 09:38 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

It is one of the best professions in the world.
If you have minimum 55% marks in your graduation then you don’t have to enrol yourself for CPT (common proficiency test) and you can direct register yourself for IPCC (integrated professional competence course).
After completing the duration of 9 months in articleship then only you can appear for your first exam of IPCC. If you clear both group in one shot then it is good otherwise in every 6 months (May and November) you can give your exam.
15th February 2017, 10:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

If you have completed the BCom, no matter what your percentage is, you are eligible to directly write the IPCC.

Yes, according to the ICAI, the candidates who have done the graduation in commerce, they don't need to go for CPT but can directly write the IPCC exam which is an advanced stage.
16th February 2017, 12:36 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IPCC refers to Integrated Professional Competence Course and it is the second stage of Chartered Accountancy ( CA ).

As far as you are concerned about the direct entry in CA IPCC by skipping CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) then for that you need to be a graduation degree holder with at least 55% if you are commerce stream student other 60% marks from a recognized university.

So it is not possible to say whether you can skip CPT or not on just knowing your aggregate in the third year of your degree course only as what matters is the overall marks in the three years.
11th August 2018, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 54.64% in b.com examination. Will I be eligible for direct entry for ca IPCC??
29th July 2019, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

In TYBCom have 10 Point Grade System. I scored aggregate i. e. from FYBCom to TYBCom 6.48 grade point. I dont know how to calculate 55% as per Garde System. And also overall grade not shown in marksheet.
Am I eligible for Direct Entry Scheme?
I extremely request you please give me reply.
18th January 2021, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

I have passed graduation with 56% in year 2000.Can I do CA
27th August 2021, 10:44 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

CA IPCC Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

Chartered Accountants are the professional bodies that deal with almost topic of finance like taxation, Business and Economics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?