18th January 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

How to do summer internship in writing?

I Akash Sharma is BJMC student from I P university had given my 2nd semester exams. Now I want to do summer internship in (writing) in this regard i would like to ask you how can i enter in summer internship.?

8th May 2017, 02:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do summer internship in writing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Akash Sharma is BJMC student from I P university had given my 2nd semester exams. Now I want to do summer internship in (writing) in this regard i would like to ask you how can i enter in summer internship.?

Candidates can do summer internship in various newspapers (writing) while studying journalism graduation. As mentioned, you are studying Bachelor Degree in Journalism; you can do an internship in newspapers or you can do content writing. You can apply for internships through your college Training and Placement Cell. You can also contact the newspapers or magazines for internships directly with necessary documents. The list of internship opportunities in writing is given below;

Internshala - Official Website

Conde Nast India - Official Website

GQ India - Official Website

OYO - Official Website

MacMillan Publishers - Official Website
1st June 2023, 12:01 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: How to do summer internship in writing?

Securing a summer internship in writing can provide valuable experience and help develop your skills in the field. Here are some steps to follow to pursue a summer internship in writing:

Define Your Interests: Determine the specific area of writing you are interested in, such as content writing, journalism, creative writing, copywriting, technical writing, or grant writing. This will help you focus your internship search and tailor your applications accordingly.

Research Potential Internship Opportunities: Look for companies, organizations, publications, or websites that offer writing internships. Explore industry-specific job boards, internship websites, and professional networking platforms to find relevant opportunities. Check with local newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, content agencies, or online media outlets that might offer internships.

Polish Your Writing Portfolio: Compile a strong portfolio of your writing samples that highlight your skills and expertise in the chosen writing field. Include a variety of writing samples that showcase your versatility and abilities. If you don't have many published samples, you can create original pieces to showcase your writing style and capabilities.

Prepare a Resume and Cover Letter: Tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight your relevant skills, experiences, and enthusiasm for the internship. Emphasize your writing skills, educational background, any previous writing experiences, and any relevant coursework or certifications you have completed.

Network and Seek Recommendations: Connect with professionals in the writing industry through networking events, writing groups, online platforms, and social media. Attend writing conferences or workshops where you can meet established writers and industry experts. Seek recommendations from professors, mentors, or professionals who can vouch for your writing abilities.

Apply and Follow Application Guidelines: Submit your applications for internships that align with your interests and goals. Carefully read and follow the application guidelines provided by each organization. Ensure your application materials are error-free and showcase your writing skills effectively.

Prepare for Interviews: If you are shortlisted for an interview, research the organization thoroughly to understand their writing style, target audience, and overall tone. Prepare answers to common interview questions and be ready to discuss your writing experiences, skills, and goals.

Freelancing or Remote Opportunities: Consider remote or freelance writing opportunities as well. Many companies, online publications, and content platforms offer remote writing gigs or short-term assignments that can be pursued during the summer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?