13th October 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to do internship in final year of BDS? Chances of further studies in UK after that?

I am studying in final year of bds . Is it mandatory to do internship? If i am not doing internship then what are the any sort of chances for further study in UK?

30th October 2014, 12:10 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do internship in final year of BDS? Chances of further studies in UK after that?

Yes, it is necessary to do internship programme in the final year of your BDS programme. Internship is a part of BDS degree course, hence it is compulsory to undertake BDS degree course. If you are not able to do internship, you have to report to the college and the discretion of your degree awarding lies at the hand of your college. This is because without internship most of the colleges do not award BDS degree.
For further studies in UK, internship is necessary. This is because UK universities give high preference to students having work experience and it is very difficult to get chance if one does not have any work experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?