2nd March 2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course if I have completed MCA in part time mode?

I have a BCA and 9 years of experience in IT. I am planning to do my MCA as distance. What all MCA are eligible to apply for a PhD? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

2nd March 2016, 03:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course if I have completed MCA in part time mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a BCA and 9 years of experience in IT. I am planning to do my MCA as distance. What all MCA are eligible to apply for a PhD? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.
You have completed MCA course in part time mode so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

Educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
2nd March 2016, 06:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course if I have completed MCA in part time mode?

Yes, distance mode MCA is definitely valid for Ph.D admission in India. Just make sure that you have scored above 55% marks in your MCA post graduation from a recognized university.

Admission will be on the basis of written exam and interview which is mostly conducted by the concerned university. If possible try to qualify NET/SET/GATE which would make your chances brighter.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?