13th February 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of part time Ph.D? I am a MCA passout and doing a job in software company in Java/J2EE

I am MCA passout and I am doing job in a software company in java/j2ee technology.But I am interested in teaching.so, I want to do part time phd because I cant leave my job right now.
So, could you please tell me whether part time phd is as valuable as full time phd and
can I get good job as professor by part time phd.

Related Questions:
  1. NET/SET or PhD which is a better option after MCA?
  2. Should I study Part Time MCA if working in an IT company? Is Part Time MCA has less value than Full Time MCA?
  3. Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
  4. Details of universities offering part time PhD in Pharmaceutics?
  5. Best Ph.D university after completing MCA and pursuing job in software company? -- [New]
  6. List of universities offering part time Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to do a part time job along with MCA in Delhi?
  8. Details about the universities offering part time Ph.D?
  9. Possibility to pursue Part Time Ph.D for MCA postgraduate?
  10. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  11. Is it possible for me to do any part time job in software company while pursuing B.Sc IT 2nd year?
  12. Am I eligible to study Part Time PhD if completed MCA from IGNOU?
  13. How to do Part Time Ph.D after completing Msc in analytical chemistry? Details about the universities offering part time Ph.D?
  14. Am I eligible for MNC to get a software developer job? I am a fresher passout
  15. Can I get high salary after completion of BCA course? Starting salary that I can get after completion of this course?
  16. In what manner a PGDCA and MCA passout should look forward for a correspondence or part time engineering courses along with his regular weekdays job?
  17. How to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA?
  18. Universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Application to MCA postgraduate?
22nd July 2015, 03:42 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the scope of part time Ph.D? I am a MCA passout and doing a job in software company in Java/J2EE

I think you would be better off as java/j2ee consultant. I suggest you become a registered member of the famous job cum technology web portal Techgig. Since you are in the domain of information technology, you will get lots of information about recent jobs posted by new companies. Today the teaching genre has been crowded with people. They have less students and more teachers. In lot of colleges a lot of departments are getting closed due to lack of students. You already have a job that gives you monthly income. For being a professor you definitely need a PhD. But that would take 7-8 years of your life. Once you register in a university as a regular PhD. candidate, you cannot go back to your job. You have to leave your job and devote time to PhD> Will you be able to make so many sacrifices?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?