7th February 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CSIR having more than 70% in M.Sc Chemistry?

I have one arrear in M.Sc chemistry. i studied in 2008-2010 batch. I have more than 70%. Am i eligible for csir exam?
Kindly clarify.
Thanks

22nd February 2014, 05:55 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CSIR having more than 70% in M.Sc Chemistry?

No,You cannot apply for CSIR having one arrears in your Masters Degree.I recommend you to first complete the Arrear which you had,so that then you will meet the Eligibility criteria.”CSIR Examination is conducted TWICE a year”.So if you could complete the exam,then you will have Two various chances.So you can apply for the Exam conducted in JUNE or month or else even in the DECEMBER month.So you have only option,that is to clear the Backlog that you have.

Since you have a good percentage,you can find good career after completion of this Research.Actually the allowed minimum percentage is only 55%,whereas you have scored about 70%.So you can absolutely apply for CSIR there after.The educational qualification for applying CSIR is either MBBS/B.Pharm/B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc or its equivalent degree.The candidates appearing final examination also can apply for the CSIR Examination.

By the time of Admission process you must have cleared your Backlog,So mean while you clear the subject and when the notification releases in the month of June you can apply for this.I think by the time of Admission you would clear your examination as well as meet the eligibility criteria with out having any doubt.The maximum age must not exceed more than 28 years for the Award of Junior Research Fellow.Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved candidates.The selection award of the JRF is based on the Written Test score.You will have to score good marks in National Eligibility Test(NET Test) conducted by the CSIR.

Be careful,there is a negative marking for the Wrong answers.The Fellowship is awarded for the candidates soon after completion of the Research work.There after CSIR JRF must registers for the Ph.D with in the period of the Two years from the date of joining of your Fellowship.If you do not so,then the fellowship may be terminated.So first try to complete Backlog,and mean while Apply for the NET in June month.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?