7th February 2014, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for PhD in Biotechnology? In what all trades can I do PhD?

sir i am student of m pharm in pharmacology and i want to do phd in biotechnology.am i eligibe to do it or not and in what all trades can i do PHD?

22nd February 2014, 05:59 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for PhD in Biotechnology? In what all trades can I do PhD?

Biotechnology offers many number of various courses in several degree levels for the Graduates.In the Bachelor Degree itself the various specializations in it are of Biotechnology(B.E),B.Tech(Biotechnology),B.Tech Bioprocess Technology,B.Tech in Modelcular and Cellular engineering,B.Tech (Industrial Engineering) and more.

In the Masters degree some other various courses available are,M.E in Biotechnology,and Bioinformatics.M.Tech in Biotechnology and Bio process engineering,Industrial Biotechnology,Biotechnology,Biotechnology and Biochemical engineering and more.Of course Biotechnology candidates can then go for the Diploma courses as well as the various certificate courses in Biotechnology.

“” As you are asking for the Ph.D stream you better to go for the “Ph.D in Bioinformatics” stream.”” You can do your Doctorate course in the Bioinformatics stream.The colleges offering this Ph.D in Bioinformatics are,

→ Dr.D.Y.Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute,Pune
→ GITAM University,A.P
→ National Research Centre for Grapes,Maharashtra
→ Karnataka State Women’s University,Karnataka
→ Jaypee University of Information Technology
→ Allahabad university,Uttar Pradesh
→ Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology and Biotechnology,Maharashtra
→ Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences and more.

Soon after completion of the Ph.D in Bioinformatics you can find many number job as well as career opportunities in your field.You can find employment in Chemical Industries,Aquaculture,Agricultural companies,Research and Development,Medical Institutions,Universities and various colleges,Research facility,Pharmaceutical companies,Chemical Industries,Food manufacturing companies and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?