21st February 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode?

I want to do M.Sc in IT/CS through correspondence, after that will I be eligible for regular Ph.D course from recognized universities?.. Please help me with the details on this..? What would be the minimum criteria which is followed? Awaiting for the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode? -- [New]
  3. Can I do Mtech in regular mode after doing MSc in Distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
  5. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode?
  6. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Phil in distance mode?
  10. I am pursuing MSc in Distance mode, am I eligible for MTech regular course?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology from distance mode?
  12. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  13. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in distance mode after completion of M.Sc course?
  14. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  15. How to do Ph.D while pursuing MSc IT from Kannurul University in distance mode
  16. Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?
  17. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  18. Am I eligible to take admission on D.Ed through correspondence mode in the month of November?
23rd February 2017, 12:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do M.Sc in IT/CS through correspondence, after that will I be eligible for regular Ph.D course from recognized universities?.. Please help me with the details on this..? What would be the minimum criteria which is followed? Awaiting for the answer.
You have completed M.Sc degree in IT through distance mode so you are eligible for Ph.D course if your degree is recognized. You fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

You must have valid GATE or UGC NET score card to get admission in Ph.D course.
23rd February 2017, 01:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in distance mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode. Some universities like IGNOU accept the master’s degree studied through distance mode for the admission to PhD. The eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science is a pass in Master’s Degree or M.Tech or M.E or M.Phil in Computer Information Technology or equivalent specialization with a minimum of 55% marks. The admission to the PhD will be done on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test and interview. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
23rd February 2017, 07:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have pursued your M.Sc IT from a recognized distance mode university, then surely you will be eligible for higher education. For Ph.D admission you must have at least 55% marks in M.Sc IT from a recognized university.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
23rd February 2017, 11:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after the completion of your M.Sc through distance mode, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field through distance mode as well as regular mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?